Gathered Sophia Large or Small???

bevie125

O.G.
Jan 9, 2009
So I finally made the decision to splurge on the gathered sophia, and wanted your advice. I already have the small sophias in Patent Camel, Leather Mahagony, and Op Art Crimson, and I really love them. I'm just not sure if I should get the large or small in the gathered. I did see some comparison pics but I dont think I saw any with the insides full. So if you have comparison shots of full belly large and small gathered sophias those would be helpful too! Please help me decide!!! TIA!;)

Thanks for your reply Restore, and yes I agree that the regular does hold alot. I'm concerned that the large may get too heavy or look weird if I did have to wear her on my shoulder for hands free. I'm 5'2" and 120lbs do you think the large will overwhelm me?

IMHO, I may be biased since I prefer smaller handbags since I don't carry much with me on a daily basis. Gathered leather Sophia is gorgeous. I'm hoping to score one at a good price one day.

bevie125 said:
Thanks for your reply Restore, and yes I agree that the regular does hold alot. I'm concerned that the large may get too heavy or look weird if I did have to wear her on my shoulder for hands free. I'm 5'2" and 120lbs do you think the large will overwhelm me?

I carry regular size daily and the large when I need to carry more stuff such as winter scarf, gloves, hat. I am 5ft and the large does not overwhelm me at all. Sounds like you might start with regular size.

I carry regular size daily and the large when I need to carry more stuff such as winter scarf, gloves, hat. I am 5ft and the large does not overwhelm me at all. Sounds like you might start with regular size.

You are probably right. At this price point I'm not sure I'm ready to test the large yet. My regulars size ones do hold all I need and more sometimes, however, when I travel things do get a little tight.

I am smaller than you and I have a large gathered in Midnight and I love her! I do not think she is too big for me...just looks like a large purse. Get it get it!:woohoo:

I would recommend the small also. I have a small black gathered Sophia so I may be partial to it, but I have seen the large ones on other people and they do not look good when they're not full enough.

I got the small Sophia since the larges are discontinued and there was not a good selection of the large on eBay. The small was too small for me. With just my basics in there the poor thing looked prego :sad: I went to a FP store and purchase the Lindsey and I am very pleased with that size. I think I also would have been happy with the late sophia but I have yet to see one in person. The small Sophie is a great "purse" but can not carry things like files, a little sweater , water bottle, snacks or most reading electronics. For me having the option to carry these items is a must for a everyday bag.

I have the small/regular size and love it. I had a large one before but had to find her a new home as I didn't like the way it looked on me. I felt like it stuck out too much on the sides since the large is a more east/west shape. However, I have purchased two of the gathered Lindseys and do not find it to be too large since it's a north/south shape. If you want a large gathered, maybe you should consider that? I'm 5'5" for reference. If you like, I can try and post some pics for you later today.

Well ladies, I thought I would update you....I purchased the regular size. Just thought it would be a better fit. Those Sophias are so addicting. LOL. I am getting her hopefully sometime tomorrow, um I mean today....I've been hunting down a navy gathered for a while now and I found one at what I thought was a good deal on evil bay:devil: I'll be sure to do a reveal when I get her! Thanks for all of your input! Love TPF:hbeat:

Yay, can't wait to see her! I think you'll like the small. I'm 5'2" myself, and I felt like the large size kind of overwhelmed me. But it may just be all in my head too, simply because I'm not accustomed to carrying a larger bag like that.