Gathered Sophia in Purple ?

Sep 7, 2009
Hi fellow Coachies! I really love the large black Gathered Sophia. Now with PCE I ordered the large purple gathered one. Its sold out in my store and the website, my SA found it at another store. Should I keep it ? I love the purple leather . I love the gathered Sophia but am not sure if I need two in that style ? I also have the Madison shoulder bag in purple. Did any ony of you buy gathered Sophia bags in both colors ? I heard they are coming out with pearly grey and blush. WHat should I do ?

I love the Gathered Sophia in Purple!!! I have the Gathered one in Black. I think both colors are sharp!!! I have the Gathered Purple wallet. Do you really like the shoulder bag? If tags are still on and you aren't quite loving it, then return Purple shoulder bag and get the Gathered Sophia!!!
I would love the Gathered Purple shoulder bag!!!!
Good Luck on your decision!!!

Lynne :biggrin:

I love the Gathered Sophia in Purple!!! I have the Gathered one in Black. I think both colors are sharp!!! I have the Gathered Purple wallet. Do you really like the shoulder bag? If tags are still on and you aren't quite loving it, then return Purple shoulder bag and get the Gathered Sophia!!!
I would love the Gathered Purple shoulder bag!!!!
Good Luck on your decision!!!

Lynne :biggrin:

Thanks Lynne. I have been thinking about returning the purple shoulder bag. I have not used the Purple shoulder bag yet. I am considering which style would be good in the long run

Last edited:
I personally think the purple gathered is better than the blush or light grey that are coming in the spring.

I was shocked to see one large purple gathered at my store today after knowing they are sold out online

I do love the purple gathered sophia as it really is quite elegant. I called Coach customer service and there is a chance that the gathered sophia is being made in Midnight blue and the regular large sophia will come in a color called fire. I have the black gathered sophia new with tags but am waiting to see if the Midnight come out as I really want a navy bag. If it does I will exchange the one I have for the Midnight and perhaps get the fire one as well which comes end of December.

I do love the purple gathered sophia as it really is quite elegant. I called Coach customer service and there is a chance that the gathered sophia is being made in Midnight blue and the regular large sophia will come in a color called fire. I have the black gathered sophia new with tags but am waiting to see if the Midnight come out as I really want a navy bag. If it does I will exchange the one I have for the Midnight and perhaps get the fire one as well which comes end of December.

FIRE?!! OMG imagine a gathered in red!!:cloud9:

omg i want one of those colors :nuts: i just ordered the purple too =]

Knowing coach fire will be orange....they seem to not be keen on red bags! I think if you like the purple to keep it and that it will be hard to find later on should you change your mind

The purple is BEAUTIFUL! I think the purple serves a different purpose than the black gathered Sophia. The black is more formal while the purple adds a pop of colour to any outfit. There is definitely no reason why you wouldn't be able to use both of them.

Also, the Madison Shoulder Bag carries a lot more than the gathered Sophia, so again, both bags have different purposes.

I hope you decide to keep her :smile:

Knowing coach fire will be orange....they seem to not be keen on red bags! I think if you like the purple to keep it and that it will be hard to find later on should you change your mind

Fire sounds like it will be more on the orange side to me as well. I also agree that it is hard to find a good red Coach bag. That was why I jumped on getting the crimson Sophia a few months ago!

No, don't get the purple gathered Sophia. It's too close to the black gathered one. Wait for the pearly grey or blush or any other color. The same goes for all you other multi-Sophia owners. In fact, if you have a purple one still with tags, take it back.

Please leave some purple gathered Sophias for the rest of us that have to wait until they get to the outlets. :biggrin:

^i would totally keep it!!! i just placed an order for the black large. they had to pull it from a store in the midwest. i hope it looks good and it not all screwed up. i have wanted it for a while now so i hope shes everything i hoped for!.