Garden Photographs to Share.....

1. Megs and I welcomed our baby boy earlier this month and wanted to share the news with the TPF community. Come say hello to Baby Vaughn!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Beautiful plants!
    I tried to grow Lavender but did not do well with it, think it was to hot for the plant in Central Florida.

2. Beautiful garden, great job!!

3. awesome!!

4. ^you have some beautiful flowers! that rose is striking. I love your lavender.

^they're so cute!

^ahhh...that's it

5. ^they're beautiful! it's been a weird weather year.

^I've read that too. I'd be a bit nervous to try it though :P

6. Hello :smile: I moved to Italy a little over a year ago so I'm a little new at the whole garden thing. Sadly I live in an apartment and share a yard. However I have a balcony that I have been working on an plan on doing more as the cold weather goes away. Here are some pictures.

image-35647196.jpg image-1843975379.jpg image-2954055020.jpg image-1575095507.jpg
  7. your balcony is great! the furniture is pretty, & your plants look like they're doing well. you're going to have a lot of fun with that in warmer weather.

8. awesome!!

9. Does butterflies or birds like sunflowers? Or just the bees?

10. Apple blossoms and a tree I think is called a Sand Cherry. Some kind of fruit forms, but I'm not sure it's edible, so I've never tried one.

PinkTree.jpg AppleBlossom.jpg
  11. WOW! That is beautiful.

12. ^how are your bees doing?

^beautiful flowering trees :heart:

13. My bees are doing great. That hive you see is really challenging for me and we had a lot of trouble in there this weekend, very upsetting.They seem OK today but I still feel badly that they lost a lot of honey and brood because the comb broke on us, partially operator error and partially the heat....I am just sick over that, to be honest. I am glad I only keep one hive of that type, the other one is empty and I think I am going to sell it.

The other hives are great. I am very happy with their numbers and seems they are all healthy and strong, no issues.

I missed a swarm call a few miles away yesterday, or I would have had 12 by now
    :wlae:

They flew off this morning, boo....

14. I love bees & have dreamt of having my own hive with my own honey, but I just don't think I can get that to work here. I see wild bees & wild wasps in my garden though, so I think they're happy. the wasps like my beauty berry bush & haven't built big nests or caused problems, so I think they're OK with my mini ecosystem.

I have so many questions/comments, if that's OK...
    first...your little bee giff is ADORABLE :heart:

second...didn't you have a swarm last year? one of your own hives? as I recall, did you lose a colony? is everything going OK with that? I think I follow your bee thread, but I can't remember all of the history.

third...do you regularly harvest your honey? or do you leave it for the bees?

fourth...I'm sorry that your honeycomb was broken. does that hurt/upset the bees? or do they just rebuild?