Home & Garden Garden Photographs to Share.....

@Kendie26 @ frick&frack @roundandround
I love the evolving story of "Frimmy". Already spottings in Europe and the US! [emoji3]

Ahh, thanks frick&frack for the additional info on roundandround. Her garden really is lovely.

Ohh, peonies, love!! [emoji177]
:yahoo:YES, "Frimmy" has gone international...LOVE it!!!:lol::tup: I think I'll tell the Frimmy plant today how famous she has become thanks to tPF & its finest members!!!

I am really smitten with you dear ladies! To get the plumeria photos, I had to stand on a ladder!
View attachment 3713970
View attachment 3713971
View attachment 3713972
Although DH didn't seem to appreciate the origins of Frimmy, as much as I did; he did want to contribute this bromeliad and lizard photo.
View attachment 3713973
:love::wave:Smitten right back at you dear Mimmy! WOW, i am in aw of not only your ladder/pic taking skills but also of the spectacular plumeria!! These pics belong in magazines & garden textbooks! How cute is that lizard....please tell your DH that we also recognize his fab garden skills:tup::loveeyes:

:love::wave:Smitten right back at you dear Mimmy! WOW, i am in aw of not only your ladder/pic taking skills but also of the spectacular plumeria!! These pics belong in magazines & garden textbooks! How cute is that lizard....please tell your DH that we also recognize his fab garden skills:tup::loveeyes:

Thank you, Kendie! The plumeria this year seem to be doing great. I have noticed many really beautiful ones in my neighborhood.

I will be sure to pass on your compliment to DH. It will make him happy. He participates on a car website, with a variety of car related threads. It doesn't sound nearly as fun as tPF! [emoji3]

Beautiful poppy, roundandround! Amazing photo with the bee too! [emoji219]

I laughed out loud at your post above, identifying the Abutilon to your DH as the "Frimmy hibiscus"! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Thank you @Mimmy, I really love my poppies, they're so beautiful :smile:
The Hibiscus conversation with the hubby was priceless right?

Dang girl you are walking around w/ 10+ green thumbs!!! You have 2 of my favorites (poppies & delphiniums) OMG STUNNERS.....look at those colors! I'm salivating & still in hysterics over your last post!!!!

Thanks @Kendie, I don't have a 10+ green thumb LOL only the maximum is 8+ IMHO :yes: maybe I'm just a wannabe 10+

Took this picture a week ago and thought I'd share here. How I wish flowers don't wilt easily for us to enjoy them for a longer time..

View attachment 3712332
That's DD watering the plants.

View attachment 3712333
View attachment 3712334
Our neighbor gardener calls it Centennial Hibiscus/Gumamela [emoji259][emoji7]

Thanks for sharing your Gumamela beauty. I've never seen that kind of flower before, quite a special one. By looking at tha flower, it's like being painted lol Your DD is so cute.

Forgive me if I have posted these Golden Shower flowers before. It was during the height of summer (April) here in the Philippines that they were in full bloom. Now that it started raining, most of the flowers are gone and the tree is full of leaves once again. I just need to share them as I miss their yellow blooms that cheer me up everytime.

View attachment 3712356View attachment 3712357
View attachment 3712360

That's a beautiful tree, so bright and happy to look at.

Reactions: Mimmy and Kendie26
[emoji322][emoji119] I just had to snap a pic of 1 of our "resident mascots" for the summer ...meet [emoji254]Frimmy [emoji254]ladies!!!! They only had pink & red. I so wanted a coral like your avatar Mimmy but no luck finding one[emoji25]. This is the only bloom but lots of buds & I'll post her again once I plant her. Also had to share pic I took at park....warms my heart seeing babies born in nature & these 2 little ducklings with their parents grabbed my heart today [emoji4]View attachment 3712133View attachment 3712134View attachment 3712135

Kendie, your own Frimmy is gorgeous :heart: Now I'm a little (just little tehhheee) jealous of the combi name that gained international fame since a couple of weeks. Let's make Frimmy official girls. I'll let you know bwaahahahaha. I thought roundedKendie will never get close to the now famous Frimmy flower. roundedKendie may not convince the DH anymore :blah:He'll surely smells something's fishy with Frimmy. So let it stay that way, right?

Nice photo at the park. I will not oppose if one of those will carry my name....the round duckling! I'm spitting my coffee now LOL

^FRIMMY!!!!!

The accompanying story with DH's reaction is priceless.

^I just have to brag about R&R...
@Kendie26 @Mimmy
Not only is she the sweetest tPFer that you'd want to meet, but as you can see she's a fabulous gardener. She lives in the gardening sweet spot of Europe, & she makes full use of it. This is the second garden of hers that I've been blessed enough to see. Her current garden is smaller, but brimming with happy plants. She grows the best classic garden plants that I always dream of growing. I'm pretty sure she has a peony too. She's the perfect addition to our garden party in here. [emoji175]

OMG....I'm not the sweetest here on tPF...and not the most fab gardener either lol Thanks for having the faith in me:girlsigh:

Last edited:
I am really smitten with you dear ladies! To get the plumeria photos, I had to stand on a ladder!
View attachment 3713970
View attachment 3713971
View attachment 3713972
Although DH didn't seem to appreciate the origins of Frimmy, as much as I did; he did want to contribute this bromeliad and lizard photo.
View attachment 3713973

That's the most amazing plumeria Mimmy! LOVE the color. I wonder how beautiful nature really is! Birds, insects, flowers, mountains and all...we're truly blessed. When I wake up I have to look at the flowers and look at them again before sleeping.

Nice photos from your DH. We can excuse all the DH's interest with garden and flowers, they contribute some things tho like these awesome photos. Thanks to the DH. My DH is a bit trained with gardening...hey, he recognized the hibiscus :yahoo:

Kendie, your own Frimmy is gorgeous :heart: Now I'm a little (just little tehhheee) jealous of the combi name that gained international fame since a couple of weeks. Let's make Frimmy official girls. I'll let you know bwaahahahaha. I thought roundedKendie will never get close to the now famous Frimmy flower. roundedKendie may not convince the DH anymore :blah:He'll surely smells something's fishy with Frimmy. So let it stay that way, right?

Nice photo at the park. I will not oppose if one of those will carry my name....the round duckling! I'm spitting my coffee now LOL

OMG....I'm not the sweetest here on tPF...and not the most fab gardener either lol Thanks for having the faith in me:girlsigh:
Hysterical!!!! Well those adorable little ducklings did swim "round and round" in their pond so it's actually quite fitting!! OR we could adopt a 2nd plant (you choose this time) & we can do our blended name....maybe "Rondie?!" "Roundie" hmmmm, this has potential!!! Just sayin....could give "Frimmy" fame a run for her money!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Hysterical!!!! Well those adorable little ducklings did swim "round and round" in their pond so it's actually quite fitting!! OR we could adopt a 2nd plant (you choose this time) & we can do our blended name....maybe "Rondie?!" "Roundie" hmmmm, this has potential!!! Just sayin....could give "Frimmy" fame a run for her money!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Why should we choose for a plant? Those poor ducklings need names...like dogs have names too :graucho: I thought you'll suggest one will be called round and the other Kendie:lol: Okay, I'll give my name to the ducklings then round1 and round2...I hope they will not get into boxing :rolleyes:

Why should we choose for a plant? Those poor ducklings need names...like dogs have names too :graucho: I thought you'll suggest one will be called round and the other Kendie:lol: Okay, I'll give my name to the ducklings then round1 and round2...I hope they will not get into boxing :rolleyes:

Ha, ok! I think I misunderstood. So here "we" are..IMG_1496179490.992414.jpg.,aren't they the 2 cutest little ducklings! Today I got about 15-20 feet from them to snap this pic...then the mama seemed to get mad at me so I turned around & ran back the other way. They have definitely adopted this park as their home as I've seen them everyday for the last 1-2 weeks.

^right back at you, sweet thing :hugs: [emoji8]

Thanks for going the extra mile to get us those plumeria pics. What a gorgeous flower! I love the scent too.

I love the lizards with stripes. Do you have any of the bigger curly tail lizards? They scare me a little because they're not very scared of me. They've been in the neighborhood just north of me for a few years, but I saw my first one in my garden last year. I'll try to get a pic. Of course the iguanas scare me because they're huge. Luckily I haven't seen any on my street for a few years (the last cold winter got rid of a lot of them).

This is the curled tail lizard we have:
http://myfwc.com/wildlifehabitats/nonnatives/reptiles/northern-curleytail-lizard/
http://www.wildflorida.com/wildlife/lizards/Curlytail_Lizard.php
https://sites.google.com/site/drjonmooreslabatfau/florida-reptiles-and-amphibians/curlytail-lizards

Thank you, Kendie! The plumeria this year seem to be doing great. I have noticed many really beautiful ones in my neighborhood.

I will be sure to pass on your compliment to DH. It will make him happy. He participates on a car website, with a variety of car related threads. It doesn't sound nearly as fun as tPF! [emoji3]
^the plumeria around here seem to be having a great year too.

Your poor DH. He must be bored in the car forum. Hehe

^hahahaha! Yes we need a second name for a second flower! [emoji122]

You are both a fab gardener & a sweet friend :hugs:

Nice photos from your DH. We can excuse all the DH's interest with garden and flowers, they contribute some things tho like these awesome photos. Thanks to the DH. My DH is a bit trained with gardening...hey, he recognized the hibiscus :yahoo:
^since you weren't here when we were getting to know each other in this thread, I'll let you in on a little secret about the DH of @Mimmy ...he's a wonderful gardener. Mimmy gives him all the credit for her lovely garden.

^Roundie...I LOVE IT!!!!! [emoji7][emoji23][emoji175][emoji122][emoji322][emoji898]

^oh that's sweet too. Ducklings named after you two [emoji7]

Ha, ok! I think I misunderstood. So here "we" are..View attachment 3714803.,aren't they the 2 cutest little ducklings! Today I got about 15-20 feet from them to snap this pic...then the mama seemed to get mad at me so I turned around & ran back the other way. They have definitely adopted this park as their home as I've seen them everyday for the last 1-2 weeks.
^I love Canada geese or Canadian geese or however you're supposed to say it. I saw them when I lived in VA & NC. I've heard they can be very defensive of their babies.