Home & Garden Garden Photographs to Share.....

Thought this was worth posting as it is interesting. The small white and purple flowers, are called Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow, Brunfelsia spp. The flowers start off purple, then fade to lavender and then to white.

Previously, it almost died, so my husband took it out of the ground, put it in a pot and nursed it back to health!

Thought this was worth posting as it is interesting. The small white and purple flowers, are called Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow, Brunfelsia spp. The flowers start off purple, then fade to lavender and then to white.

Previously, it almost died, so my husband took it out of the ground, put it in a pot and nursed it back to health!

I've heard of those! How cool that they change color.

Reactions: Mimmy
Hope all my garden friends are doing well!

I am watching my coconut tree. The coconuts have not fallen yet.

View attachment 3634122
I think that these are in the Phlox family. They have a lovely, subtle fragrance.
View attachment 3634123
Double hibiscus. I know that I have posted this type before. I tend not to tire of looking at hibiscus, I hope that you don't either.
View attachment 3634128
Rhubarb! Not ripe yet, but should be tasty! [emoji39]

@Kendie26 I hope that you are doing okay in the storms. The photos in your area look pretty brutal. I am trying my hardest to send Spring your way! [emoji271]
These are super GORGEOUS, in your typical fashion dear Mimmy!! Who could ever ever tire of your hibiscus?!! And so cool on your coconut tree (I'm a tad jealous:biggrin:...you do eat/drink them right?!) Thanks for thinking of us in the storm...we managed through this one but I do fear for some of our shrubs & my magnolia tree. Sadly w/ each storm I think it's damaging the magnolia more & more.:crybaby: Thanks for posting your beauties:love::hugs:

I took pics of everything I have blooming as promised...

This was a seedling from my grandma's garden many years ago. It reseeds itself around the garden. She called them "four o'clock" flowers.
View attachment 3634609

This is a coleus.
View attachment 3634610

This is called Panama rose. I've hardly pruned it in 15+ years; it's a slow grower. This is the best year of blooming I've gotten.
View attachment 3634611
:wave:Yay! These are all beautiful frick&frack!! I adore 4 o'clocks & how sweet/lucky are you that they were seedlings from your grandma's garden...that's so special! Your Panama rose is a stunner. I'm always amazed by things that do so well w/ relatively no pruning.:drinks:

Reactions: frick&frack
This is a native plant for this area. It's called blue porter weed. The butterflies love it. It reseeds itself around the garden too. My grandma & I found it on one of our expeditions 20 years ago. ETA: zoom in so you can see the little blue/purple flowers. Natural blue flowers are rare in nature, so I think they count blurple as blue [emoji6]
View attachment 3634613

I have one hibiscus bud today.
View attachment 3634614

This is kalanchoe with a few flowers.
View attachment 3634615
Sweet on your 1 hibiscus bud! I'm jealous of that right now!! All I can see at the moment is "white stuff" (snow). They sell blue porter weed up here (zone 6) but i didn't know it was native to your area. I also love when things reseed themselves all over....yay for "free plants!" Your coleus look lovely & very healthy. Great pics/thanks for posting!:tup::loveeyes:

Super cool....I LOVE this & I love that your hubby nursed it back! I do recall you giving him credit for his green thumbs!;):hugs:

These are super GORGEOUS, in your typical fashion dear Mimmy!! Who could ever ever tire of your hibiscus?!! And so cool on your coconut tree (I'm a tad jealous:biggrin:...you do eat/drink them right?!) Thanks for thinking of us in the storm...we managed through this one but I do fear for some of our shrubs & my magnolia tree. Sadly w/ each storm I think it's damaging the magnolia more & more.:crybaby: Thanks for posting your beauties:love::hugs:

I am glad that overall you did okay in this storm, Kendie. I hope that when you are able to survey your garden you don't find too much that is damaged. I love your magnolia; that is a magnificent tree! [emoji7]

Thank you for the garden compliments. I do plan to drink or eat some of them. I have not counted them, but I think that there are at least 10! I think that I mentioned that although the tree is on our property, some will likely fall onto an empty lot that people use to walk to the beach. Those will make tasty treats for some, and novelty souvenirs for others! What? No coconut emoji? [emoji3] [emoji267] [emoji23]

Thank you for the garden compliments. I do plan to drink or eat some of them. I have not counted them, but I think that there are at least 10! I think that I mentioned that although the tree is on our property, some will likely fall onto an empty lot that people use to walk to the beach. Those will make tasty treats for some, and novelty souvenirs for others! What? No coconut emoji? [emoji3] [emoji267] [emoji23]

I looooove fresh coconut meat [emoji7]

I can't believe there's no coconut emoji [emoji107]

Reactions: Kendie26 and Mimmy
[emoji1327]garden friends! My crocus bulbs barely made it thru our March madness storm but I just saw these pretty flowers today at a clients office. Love the color[emoji177]
^how beautiful! They remind me of azaleas, but the leaves seem too dark.

Omg I'm sorry frick&frack but I'm cracking up at "coconut meat!" [emoji23][emoji23][emoji106]
^hehe. That's what you call the white part of fresh coconut. They don't teach you that up in MA? [emoji23][emoji6][emoji8]

Reactions: Kendie26
Ohh, these are lovely!
^how beautiful! They remind me of azaleas, but the leaves seem too dark.

^hehe. That's what you call the white part of fresh coconut. They don't teach you that up in MA? [emoji23][emoji6][emoji8]
Thanks ladies...so great to "see" you both (w/ my winter garden hiatus)....I'm not sure what flowers these are on that shrub....when I saw the flowers I said to myself "they remind me of our azalea's" but the leaves seem different. And haha, yes fricknfrack I have heard of "coconut meat"...it's just very funny to me. Don't ask me why! I'm just a weirdo!:P:lol::hugs:

These perennial hellebores are from my mom's garden... I had tons of these at our former house & they bloom in winter so their flowers will almost be finished. Took the pic to remind myself to buy some for our current house [emoji4]IMG_1491132340.987302.jpg

These perennial hellebores are from my mom's garden... I had tons of these at our former house & they bloom in winter so their flowers will almost be finished. Took the pic to remind myself to buy some for our current house [emoji4]View attachment 3654263

These are very pretty, Kendie! I had no idea that there were flowers that bloomed in the Winter! [emoji3] [emoji272] [emoji300]️