Garden party TGM

Saffynyc

Dec 3, 2018
Hey everybody, so I went to my local Hermes boutique in nyc ,To look at the garden party in the GM’s size. And I will be honest as much as I love the bag the GM size is little too small for my body shape and frame. So I inquired about the TGM. The sales associate had told me that those rarely come in and that size is way too big , she said it’s actually borderline insanely huge . Have any of you ever came across one or actually own one and would you agree with that assessment of it being astronomically huge to the point that he would actually be a luggage piece or a weekenderor that would carry an excessive amount of clothes. I am seeing some and some pre-loved sites and I really want to get one but I wanted to have some input from people who’ve actually seen one. Thank you

hi, i have a Hermes Garden Party TGM 50. It is big - all depends on what/how you use it. I use it for work - laptop, documents, other personal items. I am a guy so GM 36 would not look right if I use it. TGM 50 works well for me. I will attach a pic here for you...... it is hard to find and most of the pre-owned are not in the greatest condition. It took me a while to find one that is 95% new and in a condition that I am happy with....so they do exist.55669624_861353824202100_6332712029916233728_n.jpg 55943830_2306948499558146_9075750003686768640_n.jpg

to clarity here are the sizes avail
1) TPM or PM - 30 cm / in inches >> 12″ long x 8.5″ high x 5″ wide
2) GM - 36 cm / in inches >> 14″ long x 10.25″ high x 6.5" wide
3) TGM - 50 cm in inches >> 19.5” long x 14” high x 9.5" wide

Reactions: Lejic
to clarity here are the sizes avail
1) TPM or PM - 30 cm / in inches >> 12″ long x 8.5″ high x 5″ wide
2) GM - 36 cm / in inches >> 14″ long x 10.25″ high x 6.5" wide
3) TGM - 50 cm in inches >> 19.5” long x 14” high x 9.5" wide
I was speaking with the SM at the DC store and he told me these are unfortunately no longer produced. Such a shame as I would totally buy one. And as you mention, they are rare on the second-hand market.

I was speaking with the SM at the DC store and he told me these are unfortunately no longer produced. Such a shame as I would totally buy one. And as you mention, they are rare on the second-hand market.

**reply to Fabuleux - they are out there, when you search try typing:
Hermes Garden Party 50
Hermes Garden Party TGM
Hermes Garden Party 39
I was lucky to get mine but yes, keep looking, good luck :smile:

Hey everybody, so I went to my local Hermes boutique in nyc ,To look at the garden party in the GM’s size. And I will be honest as much as I love the bag the GM size is little too small for my body shape and frame. So I inquired about the TGM. The sales associate had told me that those rarely come in and that size is way too big , she said it’s actually borderline insanely huge . Have any of you ever came across one or actually own one and would you agree with that assessment of it being astronomically huge to the point that he would actually be a luggage piece or a weekenderor that would carry an excessive amount of clothes. I am seeing some and some pre-loved sites and I really want to get one but I wanted to have some input from people who’ve actually seen one. Thank you

I just found them...
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Authentic-H...745718?hash=item3b2e4b1fb6:g:YeoAAOSwwTFb-1BG

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Hermes-Gard...741591?hash=item3b2dd0fd97:g:3bYAAOSwSk5ckt1b

here I just did a search and found them....

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Authentic-HERMES-Garden-Party-TGM-Shoulder-Bag-Amazonia-Leather-Brown-33EK923/254179745718?hash=item3b2e4b1fb6:g:YeoAAOSwwTFb-1BG

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Hermes-Garden-Party-TGM-Toile-H-Tote-Bag-Handbag-Dark-Brown-Beige-Auth/254171741591?hash=item3b2dd0fd97:g:3bYAAOSwSk5ckt1b

hi, i have a Hermes Garden Party TGM 50. It is big - all depends on what/how you use it. I use it for work - laptop, documents, other personal items. I am a guy so GM 36 would not look right if I use it. TGM 50 works well for me. I will attach a pic here for you...... it is hard to find and most of the pre-owned are not in the greatest condition. It took me a while to find one that is 95% new and in a condition that I am happy with....so they do exist.View attachment 4388922 View attachment 4388923
What’s a beautiful bag , the 36 is just a tad shy for me . I wish they made on in a size 40. I know some men who carry the 36 but they have smaller body frames so it works well with them . Thank you for your help .

Thanks! I wouldn't purchase from Japan. I prefer to purchase from the US. But I'll keep an eye on the second-hand market in case one pops up in all leather and like-new condition.
actually getting from japan is not a bad idea, i traveled there a few times and i observed the good condition they keep the items.... obviously, it is a very personal choice and decision; but i am sharing my observation :smile:

actually getting from japan is not a bad idea, i traveled there a few times and i observed the good condition they keep the items.... obviously, it is a very personal choice and decision; but i am sharing my observation :smile:
I don't want to purchase from international sellers because of potential custom fees. Nothing against Japan in particular. Since I am not going to Japan in person, I am not buying from Japan.