Garden Party or Victoria

bagfreak48

O.G.
Nov 15, 2007
Help, help, help. After looking at both the pictures of the victoria and the GP, I am now more confused than ever! Which should I choose? I like the shape of the Victoria especially since it has a zip but yet the GP is so practical and light.

Help me choose please. By the way, I have a evelyn (RG), kelly (questche) and lindy (black) already. Colour wise too - should I go for a blue or etoupe or even gold. I am only about 5'1 and a size 4 USA. I would like to use this bag for work and for my casual days too. :P

I also have this quandry. My main dilemma is the zip thing - I totally prefer bags I can zip up completely. Will be very interested to see what you decide.

I had the victoria but sold it because it was "just a square bag" and the top sagged down while the bottom was a rigid square...oh hard to explain in words...:wacko:
Anyway, I got a garden party instead and abolutely love it. It is really a nice everyday or travel bag and there is a button that does seal the top. It sits nicely on the shoulder and the bottom is not rigid so it doesn't stick out...one more vote for the GP

I hate seeing the Victoria without a vote, so I am jumping in! I love the style --so much I have 3! It is a elegant bag with a ton of room.

I do have a gp too though so I am not really voting against it. ;)

Garden Party. Especially since you already have a shoulder-bag that zips (Lindy)....the GP is a great casual, every day bag that can be very, very chic as well.

I just got back from Italy where I saw a very stylish woman in Milan carrying an Etoupe Garden Party and believe me she looked fantastic carrying that bag.

I also have this quandry. My main dilemma is the zip thing - I totally prefer bags I can zip up completely. Will be very interested to see what you decide.

i put a large pouch in (i tie the pouch to) my B to hold my wallet. i'm paranoid in losing my wallet etc.

works wonders.

i do that to my evelyne too.

Garden Party. Especially since you already have a shoulder-bag that zips (Lindy)....the GP is a great casual, every day bag that can be very, very chic as well.

I just got back from Italy where I saw a very stylish woman in Milan carrying an Etoupe Garden Party and believe me she looked fantastic carrying that bag.

S'mom, you visited Milan! I hope you weren't disappointed just like everybody is...:biggrin:

I know that everybody likes the GP, but I personally prefer the Victoria, I am afraid it is just a matter of personal preferences though.

There is something in the GP that is just not me, especially in the smaller sizes.
I could eventually do a super large one, but I just can't see myself with one of the small ones. There is something that reminds me of old ladies in that bag, which is quite weird since I wear Kellys in small sizes… I don't know, I just can't do this bag.

I find the Victoria much more modern and I am happy that it closes, and I also like it much better in the leather toile combo in case you don't feel like getting an all leather one.
I also like the fact that the Victoria slouches a bit with time, and that the shape is so simple that you can't get tired of it with time.

I liked better the older version of the Victoria (the straps attached to the body with a shape that looked more like a drop instead of the diamond shape we have now) but all in all it still is okay to me the way it is now.

Tough decision. I have both but using more of the GP (Cassis/purple) rather than the Victoria for travel at the moment, but for a different reason (Victoria is in barenia/toile = sensitive).
Not much help am I? :smile: Ummm... get both? :graucho: