Garden party bag size 30 or 36

Oct 17, 2009
I am thinking about purchasing the Garden Party. I am still not sure whether I should get the bigger or smaller size. Does anyone has any pics comparing the smaller and bigger size? Thank you so much in advance.

I am looking for an everyday bag. I currently use goyard GM size when I go around with kids. It is so versatile bag.
I am worry the big one might be too heavy when the stuff are in.

Thanks so much.

How important is it to you to be able to carry the bag over your shoulder? The larger (I'm assuming you mean the 36 when you say larger), does fit over the shoulder, although it can be a tight fit if you have a heavy coat on. The smaller GP (size 30) cannot go over the shoulder so is strictly a handheld or crook-of-the-arm bag.

I so wish H bring back the shoulder Garden Party. Longer straps for the larger and hooks for shoulder strap for the smaller. I only have canvas/leather version of GP. I would say the shoulder larger GP is the closest to the Goyard GM. However, H only make the shorter strap now.

I am looking for an everyday bag. I currently use goyard GM size when I go around with kids. It is so versatile bag.
I am worry the big one might be too heavy when the stuff are in.

Thanks so much.

I am thinking about purchasing the Garden Party. I am still not sure whether I should get the bigger or smaller size. Does anyone has any pics comparing the smaller and bigger size? Thank you so much in advance.

If you looking for a tote replacement workhorse
Then must choose 36
However if you want only relax hand held bag
You may consider 30

I asked this same question a while back, but not in a thread I believe.
I decided on the 36 and frankly don't use it as much as I thought I would, because to me it is heavier than I would like. However, the 30 is not an option for me, because it is impossible to carry over the shoulder, which to me was the point of getting a tote.
All the lovely ladies who chimed in agreed that the 30 is not a shoulder tote. Most everyone loved the 36. Definitely go to the store and try both.

Reactions: BirdieK
I asked this same question a while back, but not in a thread I believe.
I decided on the 36 and frankly don't use it as much as I thought I would, because to me it is heavier than I would like. However, the 30 is not an option for me, because it is impossible to carry over the shoulder, which to me was the point of getting a tote.
All the lovely ladies who chimed in agreed that the 30 is not a shoulder tote. Most everyone loved the 36. Definitely go to the store and try both.
Thank you so much. I would go check them out at the store just to be sure if it 's what I want.