Garage Sale Find of My Life- 3 Vuittons!

iLander

Aug 18, 2011
I've got a find to report!
I went to a garage sale, in a very nice neighborhood, and saw a small sign among the lovely things: "Ask to see designer bags".
So I did. The lady goes in, comes out a minute later with 3 LOUIS VUITTON BAGS!!! And they're real! I can tell, I have purchased 3 of my own, so I know them like the back of my hand. They look right, feel right, everything.
"How much are you asking?"
"I was thinking $50 each?"
"Okay, may I look at them?" She hands me armful of monogram canvas!
I spend a few minutes checking them over so carefully, just to be sure. The other shoppers are looking at me closely to see if I look like I am even CONSIDERING putting them down. As if. :biggrin:
I say "If I get these 2, can I get this one, which isn't in great shape, for a little less?"
"Sure, I'll sell that one for $25."
I got a Keepall Bandouliere 55, a Neverfull GM, which is a tote bag, and a Speedy 30. For $125. O. M. G. They all have a faint perfume odor, but for the price I can work on that (I've found a sock full of baking soda, set inside the bag, works great!)
The Speedy is pretty worn out, but for $25, I can CUT IT UP :shock: :shock: and sew a wallet. Just kidding, I wouldn't do that. But I could . . . haha
The Neverfull is great, looks barely used.
The Keepall has a stain on the strap, but I think it will blend in more when the vachetta darkens.
I will remember that sale forever.
I hope EVERYONE on this forum can some day have this kind of day!
Here's the quick pic that I texted my DD.

vuittons.jpg

Thanks you guys! I haven't even started to use them, I'm still dumbstruck! I don't post much here, but I thought my purse friends would appreciate this.
I'm just hoping this doesn't mean I will have bad luck in other things. . . :huh: Knock on wood, spit three times . . .

Reactions: nucleii
Holy smokes! You are one lucky gal! It makes me wonder if the woman selling those bags even knew, or cared, about their actual value...
Honestly, I don't think she did! She mentioned they were her mother's and she was selling them for her. Or maybe that her mother had given them to her. I can't remember exactly, it was a blur, haha. Her (the seller's) other items were also of excellent quality and very cheap, for example a $3,000 patio set for $100, almost new. Expensive clothes for $5. It was a bit crazy, actually.