Gancini printed tote

ElectricBoots

Jan 31, 2018
Hello all. I am considering the Gancini tote for my next purchase for an on the go tote/work bag. I am having trouble understanding if this bag is a coated canvas (like the LV neverfull coated canvas for example). The Ferragamo website ( https://www.ferragamo.com/shop/us/en/women/handbags/totes-1/gancini-tote-bag-726588) details say coated canvas but the photos look more fabric like. I found one on Farfetch https://www.farfetch.com/shopping/w...ZDeZmUHI3re8wXV3BsMm2d2BOaFxJ0XQaAiYwEALw_wcB) and it is described as cotton canvas? I am not going to be gentle with this bag. I am ok with wear and tear but I prefer something that has some durability like a coated canvas vs an unprotected canvas. Please let me know if you have this bag or have seen it in person. There are no Ferragamo stores or large department stores near me for me to find out.

The tote is made with coated canvas. If you check other bag styles with the Gancini pattern, those with black Gancini and white striped Gancini are described as coated canvas.

They do use jacquard fabric with a lighter beige background, black Gancini, and black and white striped Gancini. I find jacquard fabric to wear well and not attract dirt like cotton.

Look forward to your reveal!

Reactions: ElectricBoots
The tote is made with coated canvas. If you check other bag styles with the Gancini pattern, those with black Gancini and white striped Gancini are described as coated canvas.

They do use jacquard fabric with a lighter beige background, black Gancini, and black and white striped Gancini. I find jacquard fabric to wear well and not attract dirt like cotton.

Look forward to your reveal!
It is a coated canvas, indeed!
It is more matte, compared to the "shiny" LV-canvas, what makes it appear like a non-coated canvas, like GUCCI canvas.

The pattern is very attractive, especially together with black leather and the golden clasp.

724654_00_r20.jpg

Reactions: ElectricBoots