Game of Thrones Season 4 **NO BOOK SPOILERS**

A few thoughts:

-Am I the only one who thinks the re-cast Daario has less chemistry with Daeny than the orginally-casted Daario?

-Arya is a badass

-I would really like to see Sansa kick some butt too.

Thank you melissatrv :smile:

Spoilers have never bothered me regarding any show simply because reading about an event is not the same as seeing it acted out. I don't think we could have imagined the horror that was created during the killing scene in Red Wedding. I do understand that I am in the minority regarding this. I completely agree, it is impossible to read anything about the show without some plot information being leaked. I guess the answer is that you have to completely avoid any TV critics and what they write about any show that you like.

Yeah I hear you. But like with Ned Stark's death. I did not see that coming. I kept thinking he was a main character and would not be killed off. That somehow a last minute reprieve was coming or that it was a dream sequence. It was a big OMG moment. In Blackwater when Tyrion got injured in battle, they ended it where you did not know if Tyrion was alive or dead. And I was freakin out until the next week. With the Red Wedding it would have had such a great impact IMO if I did not see that coming. I was also spoiled on Theon's story and some upcoming storylines that I think will air this season. Now I limit myself to communities where spoilers less likely

A few thoughts:

-Am I the only one who thinks the re-cast Daario has less chemistry with Daeny than the orginally-casted Daario?

Nope, in fact I was thinking that myself. The actor who plays him now was also on Nashville and he played a great character there who had mad chemistry with the show's lead. I was excited for him to be on GOT. But I was not feeling it either.

-Arya is a badass

I feel there is going to be some significance to Sansa meeting up with the Fool and the necklace. They would not just insert a random character in there after a year with no reason. I think she has hit rock bottom where she says she does not pray anymore. When you have nothing, you have nothing to lose. This being the case, we may see some interesting character development for her this season

A few thoughts:

-Arya is a badass

I did not understand the re-casting at all. They did a 180 turn as far as looks are concerned. I did think the original guy was a little too pretty, but you felt they had something going whereas I get no vibes here at all with the new actor. He is so different that most viewers did not understand who he was supposed to be and there was total confusion according to message boards. Roles have been re-cast many times in shows, but there is some semblance of continuity, and here there was none.

Daeny has been pretty good at conquering and accumulating followers, but what is she going to do with them? How is she going to take care of them? Their adulation may only go so far.

I wonder if Cersei is actually going to marry Loras. Considering that she is a bit old for childbearing, and he has no heirs...Of course he is may not be inclined to try either:lol:

I read that the previous Daario was too "Fabio" looking and did not resonate with viewers. To me the character of Daario is odd, regardless of the actor. I would like to see Dany with someone who challenges her, someone she butts heads with at first and then ends up with. Those, to me, are always the best love stories. Daario is nothing like that. In fact he falls all over her like a love sick puppy. Not the strong man I see for her. I was reading too that the way they introduced him, people did not know who he was. They did a poor job of that.

I was curious too about how she is going to take care of the people she keeps accumulating as followers

Speaking of Cercei, what is the mystery symptoms she was having that the disgraced former Maester had to take care of. There is something to that, we will probably see is relevant down the line. Is the pregnant? Menopausal? She may seem young for menopause but in those times people aged faster, died younger. Who knows.

I did not understand the re-casting at all. They did a 180 turn as far as looks are concerned. I did think the original guy was a little too pretty, but you felt they had something going whereas I get no vibes here at all with the new actor. He is so different that most viewers did not understand who he was supposed to be and there was total confusion according to message boards. Roles have been re-cast many times in shows, but there is some semblance of continuity, and here there was none.

Daeny has been pretty good at conquering and accumulating followers, but what is she going to do with them? How is she going to take care of them? Their adulation may only go so far.

I wonder if Cersei is actually going to marry Loras. Considering that she is a bit old for childbearing, and he has no heirs...Of course he is may not be inclined to try either:lol:

Yeah I hear you. But like with Ned Stark's death. I did not see that coming. I kept thinking he was a main character and would not be killed off. That somehow a last minute reprieve was coming or that it was a dream sequence. It was a big OMG moment. In Blackwater when Tyrion got injured in battle, they ended it where you did not know if Tyrion was alive or dead. And I was freakin out until the next week. With the Red Wedding it would have had such a great impact IMO if I did not see that coming. I was also spoiled on Theon's story and some upcoming storylines that I think will air this season. Now I limit myself to communities where spoilers le...n

There is a site I found where it is built on spoiler tags....they have various colors or tags to ensure that the show is not spoiled for others.

I wanted to live tweet the other night, but the first post I read was complaining about someone posting spoilers. So I immediately exited.

I'm in Oz, and I have to not read any internet on the day my favourite shows air, even though we get most programs a few hours after the US now. You just have to show restraint I think. I like not knowing so its a very small price to pay. If others want to "spoil", so be it.

A bunch of friends and I were talking last night about shows and everyone was like "lalalalal....don't spoil it!" Uh...sorry, but we're talking about a show that's season was over for a month. If you haven't taken the time to watch it by now...oh well. I'm gonna discuss it with people who have.
Now, if it's like the night of the airing...maybe the next few days after, I'll shut up, but this whole spoiling thing has gotten to be too much. I realize that I'm watching a show based on a series of books that have already been released, so if people want to discuss those books and it's about things that haven't happened in the TV series yet, oh well...I'll have to deal with it or get up and leave.

The original Daario got a movie role, so he had to be replaced. I care so little about him that it barely registers that a change was made.

OTOH, super excited at Oberyn Martell's appearance.

A bunch of friends and I were talking last night about shows and everyone was like "lalalalal....don't spoil it!" Uh...sorry, but we're talking about a show that's season was over for a month. If you haven't taken the time to watch it by now...oh well. I'm gonna discuss it with people who have.
Now, if it's like the night of the airing...maybe the next few days after, I'll shut up, but this whole spoiling thing has gotten to be too much. I realize that I'm watching a show based on a series of books that have already been released, so if people want to discuss those books and it's about things that haven't happened in the TV series yet, oh well...I'll have to deal with it or get up and leave.

No we don't have to deal with it.That's the whole purpose of why Cobalt named this thread no spoiler thread. There is a book thread and in the past there has also been a TV spoiler thread where people can discuss spoilers of the show. By not talking about spoilers in this thread it's just a matter of showing consideration for everyone else.

Now I agree and I think most others would also, we're not talking about spoilers from past seasons or about "spoilers" because someone ha failed to watch their most current episode. Typically what I will do, I may try not to give away major spoilers the same night that the episode airs, but I don't expect people to do the same. If i miss the episode for that night, then I just don't read this thread, and I think most others do the same. But I don't think that I should have to come in this thread and try to avert major book spoilers, which ruins the whole experience of watching this show..

There is a site I found where it is built on spoiler tags....they have various colors or tags to ensure that the show is not spoiled for others.

I wanted to live tweet the other night, but the first post I read was complaining about someone posting spoilers. So I immediately exited.

Winteriscoming.net is another good one. They do an episode recap for book readers and "unsullied" non book readers and are very good at moderating to black out an spoilers

More and more people are reading the books and are not all sensitive about posting spoilers. I also made the mistake of visiting a wiki to learn more about characters and although that was helpful they also align with the books and not the show. Gotta be careful out there

Yup. Tons of info out there and it will have to be a personal decision as to how much of it you want to read and/or know. I agree, i don't like to write anything too revealing on the night of airing because of peeps in other time zones.

As far as TV threads on this forum, I tend to stay out of them if I not caught up. For instance I am 3 episodes behind on Scandal and won't go near that thread until I am up to date. I think for TV shows where you are not caught up it is an enter at your own risk thing. That is why I am glad for Downton Abbey we have a US thread since it airs earlier in the UK