Gambade Earrings Help Please

Charm

O.G.
Jan 22, 2007
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone with these earrings could help me please. I have a pair for my Christmas gift, beautiful rose gold with the hanging bezel set diamonds. I wanted to check if anyone can help regarding the backs, do they just snap on securely or do they screw in please? I realise as I'm getting older my fingers and dexterity has deteriorated so I don't want to damage the earrings or not put them in securely, I've tried putting the backs on and off the earrings but I'm not sure if they're secure or if I should be doing something differently.

If anyone can help I'd be most grateful and Happy Holidays to those who celebrate!

There are two small buttons on the sides of the backing - You squeeze the two backing buttons in at the same time, put the backing onto the earring stem, find one of the two rings etched on the stem of the earring and then release the buttons to lock the backing into place into the etched ring on the stem.

There are two small buttons on the sides of the backing - You squeeze the two backing buttons in at the same time, put the backing onto the earring stem, find one of the two rings etched on the stem of the earring and then release the buttons to lock the backing into place into the etched ring on the stem.

Hi Catin, that's just what I needed, thank you so much for the reply!

Reactions: catin
I was confused too but luckily had the SA to instruct me when I tried my first pair of earrings on at the store!

That makes me feel better, I was baffled and had no idea the little ' flan dish' edges played any role at all in securing the backs! I'm most grateful to you as otherwise I would've had no clue! We bought these from Hermes online so no one to ask.