~ Galliera VS Palermo...?

foxyqt

~ Foxiness Overload
O.G.
May 22, 2007
Abu Dhabi, UAE
hey everyone! im looking for a bag to take with me during my summer vacation to LA =] something that would hold alotta stuff and is easy to carry around at the airport, etc... sooo i got a call from our LV boutique today & they told me that they could put the Galliera on hold for me for 2 days so i need to make a decision quick! i really like both the Galliera PM and the Palermo PM & dunno what to choose.. im leaning more towards the Galliera cuz i think the Palermo is kiiiinda similar to the cabby which i already have (pleats, shoulder strap)

so what do you all think? :hrmm:

mymeimei02

O.G.
Apr 3, 2008
Bay Area, CA
I own both the Palermo PM and the Galliera PM. I think for you the Galliera PM is the way to go since you said you already own one that is similar to the Palermo PM. I like the fact the Palermo PM is so versitale and can be worn a few different ways but I think the Galliera PM is more comfortable to wear and more eyecatching too.

Oct 3, 2006
It's funny -- I'm now contemplating both of these bags as well. I've ruled out the Monty and the BH -- now I'm down to the Palermo PM vs the Galliera PM like you are. I think I'm personally leaning towards the Galliera PM. The only thing is I do think it's more trendy than the Palermo, IMO. That's the only thing that's holding me back a bit. I do like that the Galliera has the microfiber lining rather than the textile lining. I have a feeling once I see it IRL that the lining will have me sold on the Galliera! It is such a cute bag and I do agree with the pp that I do think it will stand out a bit more.

SweetPurple

Aug 13, 2007
I do agree that the Palermo is similar to the Cabby and since you already have that, then I'd go with the Galliera.

However, I would take the Cabby for the trip ~ so you can have hands free if you need it and assuming you have the Cabby GM, you can also carry it cross-body!

95BR

Mar 24, 2008
It's funny -- I'm now contemplating both of these bags as well. I've ruled out the Monty and the BH -- now I'm down to the Palermo PM vs the Galliera PM like you are. I think I'm personally leaning towards the Galliera PM. The only thing is I do think it's more trendy than the Palermo, IMO. That's the only thing that's holding me back a bit. I do like that the Galliera has the microfiber lining rather than the textile lining. I have a feeling once I see it IRL that the lining will have me sold on the Galliera! It is such a cute bag and I do agree with the pp that I do think it will stand out a bit more.
i was torn between the same two bags and have followed this thread. last saturday when i went to the store and ended up with the palermo. surprisingly, the galliera IMO ,was not as nice as how i imagined after seeing all the modeling pics here. and the palermo actually looked better IRL.

LisaG719

Living life...
O.G.
Jun 16, 2006
Oregon
Galleria. I haven't been a fan of the shape of the Palermo. The Galleria would also be the better choice since you already have a Cabby.

lvgodiva

O.G.
Jan 7, 2007
If you're looking in PM size, I'll say for GAlliera :smile: but for GM size, Palermo will be great.