Galliera to be discontinued this year!

Wow! I was just on ebay and cant believe the price of the Galliera . Why is it so low? I mean some peoples bags are selling for around 800$. That just seems crazy. A friend of mine is thinking about selling hers but do you guys think she should wait ? Maybe they will have more value? :smile:
Some of those pre-owned Galliera are well worn and the inside is dirty with lots of ink marks -- it shows if you examine all the photos closely. The like new pre-owned are $1300 + as they should be.

Some of those pre-owned Galliera are well worn and the inside is dirty with lots of ink marks -- it shows if you examine all the photos closely. The like new pre-owned are $1300 + as they should be.

That's great to know as i have a new one and i'm thinking of selling it. Would hate to sell it at a loss!

I just picked up a preloved de pm one and can't wait to open it. This forum has been a great help in researching and easing my fears of buying preloaded since my other 3 lvs I purchased directly from lv.

I don't use my Galliera that much. It's sad because I find that the brass keeps darkening on the edges of the bag and I have to keep cleaning it with an eraser. I tried talking to the SA, he just told me to get a brass cleaner. I had my lv for 2 years. You'll think with the money you paid the bag would be better quality. I might be just being anal since i keep all mg nice bags in top condition.

Reactions: Dijume09
I absolutely love the galliera (gm was too big for me) I first got the monogram and then got the damier azur lol. For me it's the only hobo purse I truly love from LV. The artsy is great and gorgeous but until that strap is broken in hurts! Also I prefer shoulder bags and the artsy doesn't seem to rest on my shoulder comfortably! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't use my Galliera that much. It's sad because I find that the brass keeps darkening on the edges of the bag and I have to keep cleaning it with an eraser. I tried talking to the SA, he just told me to get a brass cleaner. I had my lv for 2 years. You'll think with the money you paid the bag would be better quality. I might be just being anal since i keep all mg nice bags in top condition.
Take any clear screen protector for a cell phone and cut the pieces to wrap around the rings. It's the only thing that worked for me. My monogram is really dark from the brass rings rubbing against the vachetta. But seeing as my damier azur isn't used as much as my monogram galliera (that's my every day go to bag when not summer) my mono has it worse and it was before I knew about putting the screen protectors on the rings. Nobody can see that there is anything on there and it works like a charm. ;)

That's a really good idea. I've known people to use a clear nail varnish but not sure that would affect the bag as well?

Anyway I was considering this bag but couldn't find it on the LV site. But last week I saw it in one of the LV store in Dubai. Maybe I need to buy a few but as I understand it we are not allowed to do that here. Shame since I am sure there's a few things I have access to that other members won't because I travel. Plus, seems like things discontinue here more slowly than in US or Europe.

I do the same thing with my mono Gal PM. The brass makes the leather strap dark constantly. It doesn't happen with my Azur PM though. I even had LV switch out the old rings on both my Gals a few years ago to lessen the tarnish marks. I just use a white eraser once in a while and put up with it but it can be very frustrating because it's my most comfy LV bag.

Well I guess I have to hurry up to the store and replace the ring. Been procrastinating on bring in the bag 😔
Think they will still change it ? Should I bring in to the store where I bought it? ( Neiman Marcus)