galliera ? stresa?

claudis_candy

I <3 Bags~Make up~Cats
Mar 5, 2009
which one???? I have noticed that both are similar style! I want PM of course..
I think that stresa is better cause have a zipp and when I was trying on galliera somthin was wrong..

Personally, I prefer the Galliera since it looks more 'appealing' (because of the metallic plate) . However, Galliera and Stresa are great bags. So it's just a matter of personal preference. It seems that you have decided on the Stresa...

The metal plate is what I don't love about the galliera. I keepmthinking how it will look in 4-5 years. It's just coated metal.

Oh boy, that is something I never thought of. Would the metal plate look anything like the zippers that I see on accessories and older bags? It seems like if it's really nasty looking, I could pay to replace that metal plate. Hopefully that wouldn't be too large of a repair cost....and hopefully it would even be possible to to it. :nuts:

I have both and absolutely love them (mine are the GMs) but there's a few things you have to consider about each.
-Yes the galliera has the plate that will get scuffed up with time, but the stresa has the "buckle" that will definitely get scuffed up too. I notice that if I don't buckle mine the bottom part bumps against it as I walk (probably wearing away the coating).
-I find they are both relatively heavy bags, but I think the stresa is a bit more comfortable on the shoulder. However the galliera is a lot easier to get your stuff out of quickly. (I usually just buckle my stresa and leave it unzipped but it's still kind of tough to grab larger things out.)
-The galliera is a hobo style so the slouchiness is great, while the stresa doesn't hold it's size as well (I noticed mine caved in a lot...but I got the jumbo size purse to go organizer and now it holds the shape).
-The galliera has had issues with the rings causing black marks (my first one left horrible marks---it was made in 2008 though---and they actually just had to replace it. I haven't carried my new one long enough to see if the marks issue is resolved, but it is something to consider.
-the galliera is everywhere. it's a great bag and i love it to death but you see it all the time. i have yet to see someone else with my stresa in person.
-also i like the interior of the stresa better. the galliera has better pockets and the nicer lining quality, but the stresa is defnitely easier to clean and doesn't show wear as quickly.

I think that covers the majority of the differences i've noticed between mine. They are both absolutely WONDERFUL bags though and i'm sure you will LOVE either one! If you have anymore questions let me know...but they are truly great bags!!

Does the buckle strap on the Stressa "flop" into the open purse and get in the way when you are trying to get things out of your bag?

I bought the Stresa in azur and found the flap to be a PITA! It wouldn't stay back, always slapping back over (hitting my hand, hitting the hardware, etc.). I returned Stresa, do not like it.

Love Galliera. In 5-6 years if the plate looks REALLY bad, it can be replaced for around $60. I don't consider, in 5-6 years, that to be a major deal.

galliera

DSCN2394-1-2.jpg