Galliera Rings, any thoughts...

phillj12

O.G.
Nov 28, 2008
Washington DC
I have a 2 year old Galliera Mono PM that I hardly ever wear. I do love it but hate the way the rings blacken the leather. Of course, I can always use an eraser to get rid of it, but really???

Anyhow, I was in the store buying a NF and I mentioned it to the SA, who happened to be the manager. She said to bring it in and they could send it out to replace the rings. So, I brought it in and then a different SA helped me and took it in the back, used an eraser and then told me that "it's brass and this will happen." Hmmm, I was pretty annoyed and was with a friend so didn't feel like elevating things.

Now I'm annoyed that they didn't replace the rings. Should I call and talk to the manager who initially helped me or just go back in at a time she's there? Thoughts?
TIA!

crumpy

Aug 2, 2010
Yes, I say talk to the manager. I have read here that LV does replace those black rings.

Jun 4, 2011
yes, talk to the initial manager you spoke with. it's funny how the same people work at the same store but have different ways of treating issues. it's good to have options but i think if one manager said one thing they should follow through.

Reactions: Deh

SassieMe

Don't encourage me!!
O.G.
Aug 3, 2009
Massachusetts
Take it back and insist on the new rings. I bought a Galliera 2 years ago that had the defective rings. At the time, the new rings hadn't come out, so I sold mine. But I still love that bag, so I got another 4 weeks ago. Those new rings don't leave a single mark! :biggrin:

BTW, I'm kind of surprised that an LV SA would use an eraser on your bag!! Seriously? :confused1:

mrscurvy

O.G.
Mar 26, 2010
I just dropped off my Galliera a week ago to have the rings replaced. Actually it was Jan 2 when I took her in :smile:

Loving My Louie's...

MarinaStarr

Dec 28, 2011
If it's a PM, you can take it in and ask them to replace it with the new rings. It'll help with the black marks tremendously. The rings for the GM size are still the same. I love the GM so much that I just deal with it.

sayakayumi

Aphrodite A
O.G.
Jul 18, 2010
Definitely bring it back and talk to the manager, also tell her how the ignoramus SA made you waste your time.

Jun 28, 2010
You should definitely bring it back! And report the behaviour of the SA while you're at it...

The new rings really do make a difference. I've never had to deal with these infamous black marks... ever!

phillj12

O.G.
Nov 28, 2008
Washington DC
Ughhh, thank you all so much! So very annoying that I wasted my time and now I have to go back and waste MORE time. I know, isn't that ridiculous that they'd just use an eraser all over the bag. And the more I think about it, her telling me that 'that just happens with brass' is totally absurd, I have plenty of Gucci bags with brass and no tarnishing anywhere!

I'm going to try going to an LV closer to my house (had to go to that other one because I was using Neiman's gift cards) and I'll just ask for the manager there and tell her that I'd like the rings replaced.

Why is it that they make it *so* difficult when we are spending SO much $$$? It just seems wrong! Of course, there are other SAs who are great, but seems like a lot are a real pain!

Again, thank you, thank you for the support!

GearGirly

Oct 28, 2010
California
Also, those erasers can really dry out the leather and make it unattractive over time, it is not a good long term solution! Definitely insist!

Phillyfan

O.G.
Nov 25, 2007
I think my Galliera PM was purchased in 2008. Can I take it to a different boutique then the one I purchased it from to replace rings. KOP store has me in their system as I purchased 2 mon mono bags from them in the last 6 months. I wonder if they would help me.

LVLoveaffair

Bagaholic
O.G.
Jul 16, 2009
Sunny Florida
I think my Galliera PM was purchased in 2008. Can I take it to a different boutique then the one I purchased it from to replace rings. KOP store has me in their system as I purchased 2 mon mono bags from them in the last 6 months. I wonder if they would help me.
You can take it to any boutique. I bought mine pre-loved and the boutique near me had the new rings in stock on-site. If the store has it, it shouldn't take more than ten minutes to switch them out. I also went back a few months later and the manager and an SA switched out my Azur's rings. All they need is a little screwdriver and the new rings!