Galliera pm: does the strap stay on shoulder?

ireallylovelv

Feb 11, 2010
Hello Galliera owners out there:

I've been reading some posts and noticed that the Galliera has a wide strap that might be comfortable but my question is: does it stay on your shoulder
while you are walking, moving, etc.? I have a cabas piano (with 2 straps) that doesn't want to stay on my shoulder.. anyone else have this problem?

thanks!

I replaced my Cabas Piano with the Galliera...much nicer. the straps do stay on ..of course it is easier to get into a bag with double handles..but the Galliera is much more comfy and roomy..I love mine.I sold my piano bag!

thanks louladg, appreciate your quick response. i will sell my cabas as soon as i decide on a new one. btw, i read abt tarnishing and the vachetta getting black marks from the rings..did that happen to you? there was a thread on it.. i wish the galliera had a zipper though..i like my things to be completely secure but then again, it's easier access right?

Whats great about the galliera is, even though it doesnt have a zipper, it does have the magnetic closure which keeps it completely shut. It definitely stays on the shoulder better than the cabas.

It stays on pretty well for me. I have to fidget with it when I am carrying a lot, but that is expected. Even though it doesn't have a zipper it's pretty secure because of the magnetic closure.

Yes it stays on very comfortable! And no marks from the rings. I think they've sorted that problem with the newer ones. If you do notice any marks just rub them with a White pencil eraser!

It is the best "shoulder-stayer" i've ever had, but, i let it go - the black marks made me not want to carry it so much, and with my adoped one-in-one-out rule it was an easy choice for me when i had one in, im afraid....

I had a Cabas Mezzo and one strap always fell off - it drove me nuts and I sold her (no regrets). I love the strap on my Galliera. It never falls off and it is nice and wide. I find it very comfy.