Galliera or Delightful?

mg0312

Sep 20, 2011
I only have a few Speedys and need a change! I've been longing for a nice shoulder bag for a while!

So, I'm stuck between the monogram Galliera PM and Delightful MM or GM. I initially liked the Galliera because it is more structured, but ever since I saw the Delightful... I don't know... I love it, too!!

Both seem like pretty practical bags, which is important to me. So, perhaps I am longing for advice on which is more stylish? Help!!!!

I'm 5'5" and 105 lbs. I suppose I can best classify my style as street chic, but definitely not very glam or loud, if that helps. Also, some LV modeling pics would be super helpful :biggrin:

I like the Delightful more. The brass plate on Galliera kind of bothers me. Delilghtful is more "city street chic", I think. I know a lot of folks love Galliera, but I think I am selling her this year, I don't use her much anymore. :wondering

I was in the same boat a few weeks ago. I recommend the Galliera because the plaque adds a nice touch to it. I'm fond of both bags however. I recommend checking out the Delightful and Galliera clubs for lots of photos. :smile: This is what ultimately helped me make my decision.

I am certain that you will love either bag as both are excellent choices.

I used to have the Galleria Gm but I sold it because it was heavy and hard to get in and out of with the smaller opening. Everything was a jumbled mess at the bottom of the bag because its a narrower bag and hard to organize. My Delightful GM is wonderful! It opens up wide and I can easilly reach inside of it when its on my shoulder. Its lightweight and I can fit much more inside it. I really dont care for the gold plaque on the Galleria either. And the dirt marks left by the rings rubbing on the strap drove me crazy!!! Check out the Delightful Club, lots of good pics!

I had the same predicament, I tried both on at the store and for some reason the Delightful wasn't falling or folding right on me, maybe it gets better with use because I like it on other people, just not on me. I went for the Galliera instead, I love the plaque, and I don't get the black marks since the rings are covered with plastic... and I love the look of it, very chic and stylish :cool:

Good luck, let us know what you get.

Hmmm. I like both a lot, but if I were to purchase a Galliera, I'd get it in Azur. Of the 3 Delightful sizes, I do like MM the best. I've looked through the clubhouse and live the way it slouches.

I prefer the delightful but it definitely has to be in GM! it's big and slouchy but for your height i think would look lovely... I'm not fond of the brass plaque on the Galliera (personally i think monogram and brass name plaque is just too much branding IMO).. i love the Delightful's understated style :tup:

Thank you, all! But it looks like everyone (and myself) are still split in the middle, haha. I'm not in love in the plaque so much either, but it doesn't bother me that much. I suppose I need to try on the Delightful to see how it slouches.... that would really help out.

It will probably be a little while until I go to LV and decide (I'm moving right now.. it's hectic) but when I do I will bump up this post and share.

THANKS!!!!

I think it depends on your wardrobe. If you are all about comfy and casual, I'd go with the Delightful. If you dress up a lot, I'd go with the Galliera because it has a more dressy look than the Delightful, IMO. Good luck making your decision :smile: They are both beautiful bags!

I much prefer the Galliera.

It's a bag that can be dressed up or carried casually whereas I see the delightful as a strictly casual bag. I also think the Galliera looks a lot classier and hardier than the delightful.