Galliera GM or Montorgueil GM???

I have both...but the Galliera wins...here's a compairon pic...they are both very different from each other so they are hard to compare

Desginer024.jpg

I would vote for the Monty GM only because there have been a few postings about defective strap rings for the Galleria. Plus, the Monty GM has a zipper top which is always good when you're carrying it on your shoulder along with all of the other stuff you might be carrying for your kids.

Paije makes a really good point as far as access to the inside of the bag. I don't have the Montorgueil nor have I tried it on but the I think the Galliera would probably be harder to get in and out of. As much as I LOVE the Galliera I'd suggest you try them both on to see which would be easier for you...have fun deciding. As far as defects with the Galliera...I've had mine almost two months now and use it very very often and haven't had any problems with it. No black rub marks and the strap is still in tact.

I think the strap length on the Galliera GM is slightly longer, yes, but the opening is not as big as you would expect....I depends what you are wanting to put inside the bag too, if it's for nappies and wipes, food etc... (being that you have kids) I would go with the Monty as it holds it's shape better with easier access...and easier to find what you need...I still think even with the Gm to see what you are after you need to take it off your shoulder, peer in and search as the bag is quite deep.

I think the Monty will be more practical...the Galliera is more popular bec. it is more beautiful to look at....I also think lugging a extra large bag (that is as deep and wide at the base as the Galliera GM) around while chasing after kids would add some challenges....Monty seems more tidy and easy to access, I would phone an SA and ask the exact length of the monty's handles and see if it would suit your size.

Goodluck, I would recommend buying the Galliera eventually though, it is a lovely bag!

I was wondering about the opening also and am glad that you mentioned it! I thought that the buckles would give a little... I saw a video of the GM and it seems possible to quickly drop something in the bag, but to retrieve things would be a different story! I am also concerned about the size. It gets hot in my area and having a huge bag hugging my body all day may not be ideal. Oh, there is so much to think about! I appreciate your opinion! :yes:

Both are very nice and I was deciding between the Galliera PM, Monty PM/GM, and the Tivoli PM. In the end I chose the Galliera PM because of looks. As others have said, you do need to take it off your shoulder to get stuff. Although if it is just my wallet, I can manage getting it out without taking it off my shoulder sometimes because I always place it in the exact same spot. Otherwise, I can get stuff out when it is on the crook of my arm (takes practice though... I think it's something you have to get used to). The Monty was my second choice (comparing the three mentioned above) and I found the Galliera was more "stunning". I think you would need to have the Monty unzipped all the time in order to get the convenience of not having to take it off your shoulder to get things out and am not sure how secure that would be since the zipper opens half way down the sides. And if you have it zipped up, you would need to take it off your shoulders too.

At any rate have fun choosing and G.L.

Thanks so much for taking the time to write about your Galliera. The Monty seems more practical but the Galliera is so gorgeous! I like the zipper on the Monty and am wondering whether things could fall out give the fact when it is completely open... :smile: