Galliera GM or Montorgueil GM???

I would go for the Galliera GM! :nod:
it's more beautiful and the shape is unique. i like the handle a lot too, it's different and yet so pretty! the montorgueil is cute too but the shape seems pretty common.

get the galliera!

I share your feelings about the Galliera but also love the Montorgueil's simplicity... :yes:

I love them both for different reasons.
I know some have complained how the rings on the Galliera turn the vachetta black up on the strap...I don't know - that might make me crazy, but the one-strap situation is very helpful.
Then I'm not sure if I like the lines going down the front....but then again, it looks stunning....

On the Monty GM, I like the option that it's also a strapper, but there is the two-strap situation that might be a pain, but seems less high-maintenance because the straps aren't so thick and are less obvious when they patina...?

Does that make sense or do I sound as confused as I really am?? :biggrin::weird:

I know exactly what you mean. :yes: The infamous dark marks that LV buckles leave on vachetta... I have learned to live with them....:shrugs: On an adjustable strap, the mark could be hidden if the length is not changed but on the Galliera, the rings are right on top. They are very much part of the beauty of the bag!

I just bought the Galleria and really love it. The single strap is very comfortable. I also like the shape better and I think it might be larger. That being said, I also like the look of the Monty - it is very classic and reminds me of a speedy with handles. I think it really comes down to your budget. I think the monty might be a little less comfy - in other bags I have I do not like the two handles so much. I love my Galleria, and am so glad I got it. But the Monty is on my list for later (esp. since it is one of the cheapest bags, in a few years it might be the only one I can afford!)

I love the way both bags look but prefer a single strap. I have a Batignolles Horizontal and have not had much trouble with the straps so far, but the straps of my Large Bucket used to drive me up the wall. Somehow, when I tuck put one of my BH's straps under the other, they stay put...

I have the Galliera Pm and find I need to take it off my arm to get things out, that isn't as convenient when you have a baby on your hip....whereas the monty you could get in and out easily, and it's less cumbersome that the big GM, also everything gets kind of squished together in the Galliera and it is hard to find things, I love mine and think it's beautiful but it's not totally practical, I think the Monty GM (it's on my list now =))

Thanks so much for your honest opinion on your Galliera. Do you think the strap on the GM would be a bit longer? Every time I think that I have decided on the Galliera, I wonder about the sizes. The GM seems too large and bulky in some instances. Maybe I should bring a picnic to my local LV boutique, try the 3 bags and make up my mind for good! :sweatdrop:

I checked the Montorgueil GM's straps and they are not very long. Can you wear it and get in and out easily?

BM, I can get in and out of it easily, but other members have mentioned that the straps are too short for them. Also, I have big arms and I don't have any problems with the straps. Check out the Monty clubhouse pics to see if they help you, because they helped me! Good luck choosing, either way, both are beautiful bags and you really can't go wrong! :tup:

I would also go for the Gall, just prefer the overall look of it. I think it's one of the prettiest shoulder bags out there right now. I'm also an all boys mommy:heart: I have 3 lil coconuts, lol.

I have yet to see a Galliera in action but do not get out of my hut often! I have two boys and my oldest reacts like his dad when I go on and on about my LVs, exactly like this :nogood:!