Galliera, Artsy, etc. - classic or trendy?

Olya6070

O.G.
Dec 25, 2009
...what do you think? IMO Speedy is a true classic, what about other styles such as Galliera or Artsy, for example?

In your opinion, which LV is true classic and which is just a trend that eventually will go out of style?

I love the Artsy, and it is gorgeous IRL. IMHO, the Galliera is much trendier than the Artsy, especially with the plaque. However, both pieces are simple traditional monogram as opposed to something like the Murakami MC's and the Sprouse collection, so I think that both will be relatively classic, just not as classic as the speedy - then again, what is?? :biggrin:

I think the hobo shape of the Galliera and Artsy and classic-ish. I just got the Galliera PM in January after wanting it for two years because even with the plaque, I do think it's timeless. I also love the simplicity and chicness of the Artsy :smile:

...what do you think? IMO Speedy is a true classic, what about other styles such as Galliera or Artsy, for example?

In your opinion, which LV is true classic and which is just a trend that eventually will go out of style?

In my opinion Galliera is gorgeous and a classic and won't go out of style. (imho) but the artsy seems a bit more trendy. Again that is my own perspective. :biggrin:

I think both are rather basic/traditional shapes and designs, thus classic. They may have an updated look but I wouldn't call them "trendy".

To me, a lot of the LE or certain MC bags with a whole lot going on are trendy and some will go out of style.

I think bags will have had to be around for a little longer then Gallera and Artsy to be called classics - the Artsy is JUST out.

But; i'd definetely call them CLASSY. Just don't necessarily think they'll still be selling them 10 yrs from now.

But the speedy? No doubt.

I think if LV continues to make the Galliera in its permanent line, it will eventually become a classic just like the speedy. IMO, once a bag's production is stopped, you can sort of tell what era that bag came from and that makes it look dated.

Yes, a very subjective question! :biggrin: As long as LV continues to make each bag - it'll be a classic. LV won't continue to offer a trendy bag for years and years... if that's the case it's considered a classic LV bag.

The Artsy just came out and it's So HOT IRL!! I've seen this and it just reeks CHIC!

The speedy is a true classic and will be around forever. The other two you mentioned are gorgeous bags, but for some reason I don't consider hobo-type bags very classic in the traditional sense of the word. I wouldn't let that deter you from buying the galleria or the artsy.