Gallery tote VS North-South Tote?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm debating which one I should bid on ebay....Opinions? I want to use it as a book bag/carry on when I travel..AAFES has one gallery tote in black left for $272, I believe. Think there would be anymore discount since it's the last one?

2. I would say North-South tote. I did own a Gallery and it fit my book but it was the long way and I wanted more depth. If that makes sense. Of course I am still looking for the perfect tote.

3. I like the Gallery Tote better, I don't like really tall totes, in contrast to what ^^ said.

4. I have a gallery tote and love it! If you can get to a outlet they have signature ones for about $145 and leather for $100 more.

5. sadly there isn't an outlet near me It's either ebay, Coach store, or AAFES :sad:

ty ladies :smile:

6. I have a few gallery totes and love them. The books would have to be "laid down" so to speak, but it would work great. JMO, I don't really like the taller totes, I tend to go for bags that are E/W (wider than they are tall) instead of N/S (taller than they are wide).

7. In contrast, I'm all about the book tote. I love mine; I can fit my laptop, a full-sized textbook, file folders and all my purse etc. etc. in there without it being a struggle. My girlfriend has a gallery tote, and even when it's crammed full she only has in it what I carry on a "light" day.

Happy hunting!!

8. I have both styles of totes and for the purposes you named, I would go with the gallery tote. The taller tote may not fit all your books if you have a full size book.

9. AAFES never does extra discounts. You will get a better price on ebay.