Gallery tote VS North-South Tote?

L

leesh

I'm debating which one I should bid on ebay....Opinions? I want to use it as a book bag/carry on when I travel..AAFES has one gallery tote in black left for $272, I believe. Think there would be anymore discount since it's the last one?

Bag&ShoeLover

Jan 30, 2008
Brewcity, WI
I would say North-South tote. I did own a Gallery and it fit my book but it was the long way and I wanted more depth. If that makes sense. Of course I am still looking for the perfect tote.

L

leesh

sadly there isn't an outlet near me It's either ebay, Coach store, or AAFES :sad:

ty ladies :smile:

Jan 23, 2008
Michigan
I have a few gallery totes and love them. The books would have to be "laid down" so to speak, but it would work great. JMO, I don't really like the taller totes, I tend to go for bags that are E/W (wider than they are tall) instead of N/S (taller than they are wide).

UK2ME

Go on, I dare ya!
Mar 26, 2008
Maine
In contrast, I'm all about the book tote. I love mine; I can fit my laptop, a full-sized textbook, file folders and all my purse etc. etc. in there without it being a struggle. My girlfriend has a gallery tote, and even when it's crammed full she only has in it what I carry on a "light" day.

Happy hunting!!

flychinadoll

Sep 5, 2007
Bay Area
I have both styles of totes and for the purposes you named, I would go with the gallery tote. The taller tote may not fit all your books if you have a full size book.

Mokey

Is trying to behave
O.G.
Aug 25, 2006
AAFES never does extra discounts. You will get a better price on ebay.