Galleria PM Broken Again....won't let me exchange it for another style

melp

Apr 10, 2008
Can anyone let me know if they have had an issue with their Galleria PM? I bought mine April 2008 in the Yorkdale store in Toronto since then the ring that holds the strap to the purse has broken FOUR times!!!! The first three times it broke the manager at the LV store told me they would not give me a new Galleria to replace it they would "fix it" in store. Finally the forth time my husband called and didn't really give her a choice but to give me a new one....but only if it was another Galleria. Don't get me wrong I LOVE MY GALLERIA but I don't want to have to get it fixed every other month. I asked her if I could get a different purse that does not have this design flaw and she said no. So here's my question....has this ever happened to anyone else??? How did your store manager deal with it. I think I want a different style bag. Thanks so much for your help!

This was a common problem with the Galliera when it was first released. I think it has since been corrected, so if you get a new one, maybe it won't have this problem....

I'm sure others here know more about this and will post about it.

Let us know what you decide!

I would write a letter to corporate. If an item has defected on you four time and they fixed it so many time, they should really just refund you back. Obviously it seems to be craftmanship problem.

A strap to be broken 4 X is not a joke. I may not have the patience of keeping the purse. I will demand for a refund or store credit. What a disappointment! I`m not a big fan of Galleria thank Heaven!

I don't own the Galliera but I remember when I was in LV a few months ago while I was paying at the cash register a lady came storming in and held up her broken Galliera and said extremely annoyed "This is the THIRD time this has happened"!

I would escalate this to higher managment....too much of your hard earned money goes into buying these bags and you shouldn't accept nothing but superior customer service and superior quality.

I didn't know this could happen. I have the galleria gm in mono and azur. I haven't used them that much I hope they don't end up doing that. Is it just the pm size that has done it? I agree they should stand behind their product better.

honestly, i would complain to corporate if i were you....not only did LV not stand behind their products..it's absolutely ridiculous to have to sit there and watch your bag break 4 times in 4 months. although they have replaced it the first 3 times, you should at least be compensated for the time, efforts, frustration and everything else you have to go through with a bag at this price.

you should argue with them...if it comes down to the manufacturing of the bag, i'd say go for another style and argue with them to let you do this...afterall, you've already paid a fixed price, why can't you get something else if they can't support their products?

if you love the bag then try the new one. but if it doesnt do it for you anymore or if you are sick of the whole mess contact corporate like prev suggested. good luck!