Tech Galaxy Note tablets

LauraTracy

Dec 26, 2013
Why? So you can stalk my bags?
I've driven myself nuts for a week so I am now begging to inflict it on you. ;)

I think I'm pretty decided on the new Note 10.1 2014 for my first ever tablet. I am still trying to catch my breath from the price tag but I am a writer in my spare time and I have TONS of paper notebooks and binders filled with my stories. I think the Note tablets would be right up my alley for this kind of past time and bring me into the 21st century plus I don't mind investing in myself especially with a highly rated product that will last a bit.

I was going to go with the Note 8 but #1 old technology compared to what's out there now and #2 I think the smaller size would really bother me for writing. I prefer a real size "notebook" not a smaller pad when I write.

Am I thinking about this correctly since this is my main purpose in going with the Note tablet? I've researched and everything I've seen says if you want to write on a tablet, Notes are your thing. Is there anything else you would consider that I may have missed?

One last thing, why would you pay the extra $ to go with the 32gb when you can expand it yourself to 64 if necessary? What am I missing here?

Any help you can give me to stop the spinning head would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :smile:

Ladybug09

So Sweet!
O.G.
Aug 2, 2007
Born in the USA
Some people may want the capability to have max storage on the device and the ability to add more with the storage card. Also, you must realize that your preloaded software and processors take up a percentage of your hard drive

Also, depending upon the types of files you load, pictures, audio, those take up a lot more space than document files.

For what you are wanting to do, the Note 10, 32GB should be more than enough.

ETA: I wanted to get the note for my Mom, and yes its VERY expensive. She is going to get a note phone, so I will probably just get her the galaxy since I've heard to have the note phone and tablet is overkill.

LauraTracy

Dec 26, 2013
Thanks. I'm actually hoping to get away with the 16gb since I don't game or store media. They say there is about 10gb free. And great call with your mom. Unless she needs to write, the normal stuff is fine and cheaper! My brother in law has the galaxy phone and I think its very nice.

kaka28

O.G.
May 21, 2006
The note line is great. I have the note 3 phone and the pen function is awesome. You can have the screen split into two so you can be writing ideas whilst on the internet. You can add other windows on top like youtube. I would recommend you first to look at some product reviews on youtube then test it instore.
As for writing even though the pen reconigtion is good but it will never beat the traditional pen and paper.

If you type up your story for publishing Asus Transformer comes with a detachable keyboard which works like a mini laptop. Both Asus and Note are comptable with Microsoft Word so you can be editing on your tablet as well as on a computer.

16 or 32 is fine as you can expand with a memory card. Good luck with your choice.

BarbAga

O.G.
Aug 15, 2009
I have the note 10.1 tablet, and note 3 phone. I am pretty sure you could get by with the 16g, but if it isnt too much more would go with 32. Go to best buy or somewhere and try the write to text yourself. I find sometimes mine is frustrating because it doesnt read my words correctly. If you add the keyboard it might be ok. Just check it out for yourself, if that is the biggest reason you are buying. The newer version may be better. I have had my tablet for a while so it isnt the newest pro version.
Good luck

LauraTracy

Dec 26, 2013
Thanks guys! Went to Best Buy yesterday and took the plunge. Still learning but love the pen. I've moved into the 21st century but I agree. Nothing beats the old pen and paper route. Still I am excited to be a part of the digital age. Thank you so much for the help!