Gala Dress Help

Aug 14, 2006
I'm going to a gala in December and I'm trying to figure out what to wear.

The dress code is formal, but no other information has been given. It's the first year that it's been here so I can't go back and look at other pictures. This city is really casual, so I don't want to be too overdressed, but not underdressed either.

These are the two dresses I'm liking so far. What are everyone's thoughts?

Attachments

• 11-9-2015 8-20-26 AM.jpg
    11-9-2015 8-20-26 AM.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 217
  • 11-9-2015 9-07-28 AM.jpg
    11-9-2015 9-07-28 AM.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 210
Both are beautiful. The first is a little more discreet and elegant while the second is more va va voom. Granted it's probably the posing and styling of the second model that gives off that impression but either way the concentrated color around the hips on the second dress makes it a sexier dress. Although that depends on your body type too.

Both are beautiful. The first is a little more discreet and elegant while the second is more va va voom. Granted it's probably the posing and styling of the second model that gives off that impression but either way the concentrated color around the hips on the second dress makes it a sexier dress. Although that depends on your body type too.

That's what I was thinking too. My body style is petite 95'3", 100lbs, size 0), but definitely hourglass. I'm bigger on top so I'm thinking the bottom one might be a little too much. I just wasn't sure if the top one is formal enough?

That's what I was thinking too. My body style is petite 95'3", 100lbs, size 0), but definitely hourglass. I'm bigger on top so I'm thinking the bottom one might be a little too much. I just wasn't sure if the top one is formal enough?

I think it definitely is, especially if the dress code is formal and not even black tie. If it's a casual city I bet lots of women may even be in cocktail dresses. Which is another reason I'd go with the first dress, not that it isn't a beautiful dress but if you are overdressed you will blend in more with the first vs. the second.

The first one is more classic and will stand the test of time. You may one day decide to add straps to the bodice. This dress will also look nice with a flattering jacket if you should someday feel you need more coverage. I could also imagine this dress shortened to knee length.