Gag, stupid ebay and shipping policies

Lvbabydoll

O.G.
Mar 2, 2006
Sooo, I've heard stories about when ebay says a certain amount for shipping expensive bags is too high.
I was floored when I read this...
So I was listing a new item, since it's light, I always offer First Class with tracking number (which we all know is .75) and Priority (which has just changed to $4.80).
Ebay has the GALL to say that I'm charging "more than others" since I'm charging $3.75 for first class and $4.80 for Priority and that I might want to re-evaluate my prices!!! :wtf: :blink:

Um no, HARDLY, especially since I usually end up eating some of the costs myself. I don't even charge HANDLING fees. How about you tell USPS to re-evaluate THEIR prices?!?!

Ugh I'm annoyed right now. I can't believe how stupid ebay is sometimes. :cursing:

Seriously, that's what floored me! Had I put like...$12, I could have seen it, but I'm charging nearly exactly what the PO would charge me. $4.80 for Priority is BASELINE, you can't send anything Priority for any less and First Class plus a tracking number is pretty much exactly what I listed as well. :tdown:

Sooo, I've heard stories about when ebay says a certain amount for shipping expensive bags is too high.
I was floored when I read this...
So I was listing a new item, since it's light, I always offer First Class with tracking number (which we all know is .75) and Priority (which has just changed to $4.80).
Ebay has the GALL to say that I'm charging "more than others" since I'm charging $3.75 for first class and $4.80 for Priority and that I might want to re-evaluate my prices!!! :wtf: :blink:

Um no, HARDLY, especially since I usually end up eating some of the costs myself. I don't even charge HANDLING fees. How about you tell USPS to re-evaluate THEIR prices?!?!

Ugh I'm annoyed right now. I can't believe how stupid ebay is sometimes. :cursing:

OMG. Now they're getting involved with our shipping rates??? Does the madness end? :censor:

Ugh I hate ebay's shipping policies and the cheapos on ebay that complain when im LOSING money with giving them reasonable shipping prices. I just can't allow myself to ship an item without insurance but people don't see that.

Argh, it just bothered me.
You'll know if ebay thinks you're charging too much, when you go to list, it'll give you this nice popup on the bottom that says basically the same thing I posted in my original post. That's how I saw it too.

But apparently my buyers don't think I'm charging too much, I have a 4.9 in my stars for shipping charges. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I got one of those excessive shipping messages on one of my auctions. Apparently Ebay doesn't think I should charge $25 to ship express mail to Canada (even though it costs at least $26) or $35 worldwide (which is often $40 or more).

^That's crazy!!

Ok this is even worse...so I was looking in my ebay messages and apparently they're now offering 15% off of final value fees if you offer free shipping.

Um with the price of gas right now, I hardly THINK so. :tdown:
5d1kpt.jpg

^That's crazy!!

Ok this is even worse...so I was looking in my ebay messages and apparently they're now offering 15% off of final value fees if you offer free shipping.

Um with the price of gas right now, I hardly THINK so. :tdown:
5d1kpt.jpg

Yeah, no kidding. That doesn't compare anywhere near 15% off of a final value fee. That's just ridiculous!!! FREE shipping. Give me a break! I had to ship a small box USPS Priority Mail the other day, and it cost $10. The item ended at $31, so basically my final value fee would be nowhere near the $10 that I would have to eat towards shipping.

They're idiots at eBay.

I just ignore the stupid message, I have to pay for tissues, packing peanuts, bubble wrap and boxes (some items cannot fit inside the Priority Box) so I hardly think a small handling charge is excessive but ebay apparently think it is.:tdown: