Gabrielle

1. Hi,
    I'm debating whether or not to pull the trigger on the new Gabrielle hobo bag in a small size. Has anyone already bought the bag and if so, what are your thoughts? And if I were to buy it, should I buy the blue/black or ivory/black?

2. I am having the same dilemma, bug with the small blue black or all black. Have you tried it in person?

3. Yes, I have. The small doesn't seem to fit much but but the medium is too big for me. The beige/black combo seems like I have to baby it and the blue/black seems great with more casual styles. All my Chanel bags are black so I wanted to stay away from all black.

4. I just bought this bag. I was originally going to buy the small but once I saw them in person and tried them on I decided to buy the medium. I am in love!!! I bought the all black version. Hope this helps.

fawnhagh and Juh512 like this.
  5. The small has a narrow opening, and my SA said some of his customers have complained the zipper scratches their hand. The small is very small.

I bought the medium. The opening is nice, wide and relaxed. The size is basically the same as my Jumbo.

It's edgy, relaxed and I have no hesitations while carrying it- I'm not afraid of dings or creases. It's my favorite bag!
    I know some people on TPF (who don't have it) have complained about the design or its look, and that it's not a classic. Classic or not, it's an awesome bag!!!!!

6. I original bought the all black in medium size and found it's too big for my frame so I returned it and got the small one. The small one was actually smaller than I thought. But it's now my favorite everyday bag. It fit my Hermes compact wallet, IPhone 6s+, lipsticks, lipgloss, compact and my keys with no problems. The opening is small but I can lived with it. I do agree that it's an awesome bag! Absolutely a great everyday lay low purse that goes with every outfit.

lexus72 and brian like this.
  7. I really wanted the small size initially, but my SA said "too small". When I finally saw a medium in the flesh, it was a lot smaller than I thought - it was perfect for me, and I'm 5'2. I'm a jeans & t-shirt kind of girl, and I love, love this bag! Having said that, I might just get a small size come later in the year, depending on the next iteration....FYI, I saw both the ivory & black & blue & black - and preferred the latter. But really, they are all great. I wanted a white & black for summer, so that's what I ended up with myself.

8. I want to get a small size originally, but I turned it down right after I checked it out, its way too small, the opening is so narrow, hard to get things in and out, and yes, it will scratch your hand definitely. Then I tried the medium, it's a perfect size, actually smaller than I thought. I picked the all black one, I don't want to baby it and able to use it everyday.

9. I am 5'7" and bought the all black medium and I also love it! I love that it is a subtle, edgy, casual bag that works great with every outfit because there are so many different ways to wear it. I prefer a zip close over a flap and the mixed metal chains work perfectly with all of my jewelry. I plan on purchasing another as soon as the perfect color appears!

10. Wow, it actually fits a lot of stuff!

Kristal7788 likes this.
  11. Gabrielle is such a beautiful bag. I didn't have a chance to try it yet, but I am planing to get the medium if comfortable and lightweight. It would be very useful to see pics of TPF members wearing it. :smile:

Juh512 likes this.
  12. I'll try to take photos later.

It's very lightweight and comfy. I have three bulging discs in my neck and severe arthritis complications after a head on car accident years ago- and I wear it just fine! I hope you like it!!!!

13. I just bought the backpack version and its beautiful - supple leather with a hard rigid base, and so lightweight - and you have got to love the mix of hardware colours - nothing at all to not love about them in my opinion :tup:

eckw, Juh512, Chanbal and 3 others like this.
  14. I'm still unsure because it just seems so casual. I know Chanel is trying to make this the next big boy bag. But I bought the girl bag (tying sleeves) and it never got big. I'm thinking of maybe waiting it out until fall or next spring?

Sparkletastic likes this.
  15. Im also on the fence about it - I am tall, and love the large size Gabrielle, but I also like 'classic' bags, and after watching the ads for it, I think it could be a bit of a 'trendy' look with all cross body chains. I don't know - it does look really nice on the shoulder - Im undecided. I want to see the tote - its hasn't come to my local Chanel yet....that might be my choice - : )

summergame likes this.