Gabrielle versus Boy - Help!!!

Bagluvn

Apr 8, 2017
Dh is getting a me a gift. I really want a black and silver bag. I have Classic in black and gold. I can't decide between the black and silver boy or the new Gabrielle? Do I like the new Gabrielle? I don't know. What do you guys think?

Thats so sweet of your DH! Is there any boutique nearby? I like how Gabrielle bag looks, but i think one has to try it on to see how good it looks on us first. Since its still newly launched. If it is me, I would get a boy since you already have a classic flap.

Reactions: Bagluvn
It would be great if you could try them both. Unlike the classic flap which has proven to be generally universal, both the boy and now the Gabrielle seem to vary strongly as to which size suits the wearer depending on you personally. Are you near a boutique? A nice excuse for a weekend away with the DH perhaps! Good luck

Reactions: Bagluvn
Since you are asking I vote for the Boy. I like the look of the Gabrielle. I have tried on all 3 sizes of the hobo. I found the small to be cute, but really hard to get in and out of. The large is too big for me. The medium was the best on me (I am just under 5'9). I really like the look and feel of the chains and the cool, casual vibe of the bag. I wanted an all black version and neither of my local boutiques had it, so I did something I have never done, and will probably never do again. I called the Chanel boutique at South Coast Plaza and they had it and I ordered it over the phone. The SA sent me a pic and it looked perfect. It arrived fast, the next day and was wrapped beautifully. At first I loved it, but while inspecting it closely, I saw and felt a pretty deep scratch on the base; like someone had dug their fingernail into the bag. I used the buffing cloth provided, and polished the heck out of it, and though it did soften, the scratch was still visible and I could feel it. I worry that this base is not sturdy enough and I might not have minded as much if I caused the scratch, but since it came to me like that, I returned it. I don't know if I will try again with this bag and would definitely want to see it in person, if I do. Sorry for the long post and good luck deciding! :heart::heart:

I'm leaning toward the Boy and appreciate everyone's input very much. I have Boy bags already, but not for everyday. I want this bag for everyday use. I wear a lot of black, grey and silver and want a bag that goes with my look. Lol. It's super important to me that I can throw the bag around near my kids too. I don't have time to get to a boutique to try it. Dh will buy in Europe on a business trip! I'm just hoping the Boy sticks around as a true classic so that I can wear this bag every day for a few years and use it to death. Hahah

Reactions: Luv2Shop1
Since you are asking I vote for the Boy. I like the look of the Gabrielle. I have tried on all 3 sizes of the hobo. I found the small to be cute, but really hard to get in and out of. The large is too big for me. The medium was the best on me (I am just under 5'9). I really like the look and feel of the chains and the cool, casual vibe of the bag. I wanted an all black version and neither of my local boutiques had it, so I did something I have never done, and will probably never do again. I called the Chanel boutique at South Coast Plaza and they had it and I ordered it over the phone. The SA sent me a pic and it looked perfect. It arrived fast, the next day and was wrapped beautifully. At first I loved it, but while inspecting it closely, I saw and felt a pretty deep scratch on the base; like someone had dug their fingernail into the bag. I used the buffing cloth provided, and polished the heck out of it, and though it did soften, the scratch was still visible and I could feel it. I worry that this base is not sturdy enough and I might not have minded as much if I caused the scratch, but since it came to me like that, I returned it. I don't know if I will try again with this bag and would definitely want to see it in person, if I do. Sorry for the long post and good luck deciding! :heart::heart:
Yeah I have to say that in person I was a bit underwhelmed by the Gabrielle sadly - I was really excited for it but the quality seems a bit so so up close.