Gabrielle small bag or the backpack

I am debating the same thing, Gabrielle small hobo in all black or black/blue or the backpack. Something is stopping me fro. Pulling the trigger in either if these and i think it's because it's the first release, and I want to see what new colours or style enhancements they bring in next season. I. Leaning to the backpack though.

I am debating the same thing, Gabrielle small hobo in all black or black/blue or the backpack. Something is stopping me fro. Pulling the trigger in either if these and i think it's because it's the first release, and I want to see what new colours or style enhancements they bring in next season. I. Leaning to the backpack though.

I'm with you on that. It's like when the boy bag came out. [emoji31]

You are right re the boy - I loved the leather, hardware and style, but was put off by the 'CHANEL' that we emblazoned on the top of the flap, which was a bit strong for me/ I prefer subtle. Later seasons dropped the wording, and I now have four boys....!

Reactions: vink and annmac
I think the backpack is really cute. I like the look of the Gabrielle bag as well but if you read the threads there are many that dislike the bag. If you just love the bag you should get it but I have made the mistake of purchasing unproven bags in my younger years and will not do it again. My advice would be to spend the money on an Urban Spirit backpack and wait and see how the Gabrielle line does in the future. If the Gabrielle line does well and has longevity, get one then.

Reactions: annmac
I must say that when the Gabrielle came out I didn't really pay it any attention, then I saw someone wearing it today, same small size as your picture and I thought it looked really stylish! It's looks classy and very functional! I do love a back pack but I prefer the urban spirit one or the one on a chain from the seoul collection :smile:

I can understand the fear of buying on the first release. I feel the same way, and its so true, as some of the posters have stated above, there are always changes,, ie the Boy. I myself hated the look of the Gabrielle when it first saw it, then I saw someone at the boutique trying it on while I was buying my Cerf tote, and I couldn't stop thinking about it. I went back for the handbag on Tuesday of this week and they didn't have the medium in all black. Its a different kind of a bag, I would say that I am planning on using it when I travel or when I run errands. The Chanel handbags that I have right now are either too big or I hate using my double flaps when I need to get into it frequently. The Gabrielle has the top zipper so that allows me to leave it open. But we shall see. I am supposed to get mine any day now. Having second thoughts...darn it.

i love both styles but eventually got the backpack because i felt it's very versatile. if you are having doubts, i would suggest that you think abt it or hold off buying.

i bought because i really love the style and my SA was telling me that the gabrielle series is priced at a fair price and if it's popular enough, who knows it might become a classic line just like le boy and the prices will rocket. i definitely foresee myself getting more gabrielle backpack if they change the style in the future!

Reactions: vink and MahaM
IMG_2364.jpg I'm bumping this thread because of this pic I saw. I was initially torn about getting the small hobo but the backpack looks so cute. For those who have the Gabrielle backpack, I'm curious to see how it's holding up.

View attachment 3765236 I'm bumping this thread because of this pic I saw. I was initially torn about getting the small hobo but the backpack looks so cute. For those who have the Gabrielle backpack, I'm curious to see how it's holding up.

hello i have the small gabrielle backpack and it's holding up very well!! it's totally carefree to use and it just kinda get bumped around when i'm in the crowded area and still it looks brand new. i have been using it for ard 3 weeks (with a few days break in between). once i was eating and the food (oily food!) dropped onto the bag, i just wiped off the oil with tissue and it's gone. no stains. hope this helps!