Gabrielle Hobo

catin

Jun 21, 2015
I haven't seen one in person yet... I've mentally been modeling the chain situation and if it works or not (especially across two shoulders). Additionally I saw there were some interesting tweed ones for the Metier d'Art collection and I find myself debating whether to go down the tweed route again or not. Choices!

Have always found everyone's reviews here so helpful so wanted to give you some thoughts on my new Gabrielle hobo... LOVE the ease of this bag. Casual yet cool. The multi-chain straps let you wear the bag 7 different ways. My favourite is the cross body and one shoulder combo which not only looks great but also allows you to distribute the weight on both your shoulders. Combined with the zip at the top, this makes it an ideal bag for travelling. I really like the contrast between the stiff moulded leather base and the soft leather top. (Note that the top half of the bag is not structured like in the Chanel website photos but is actually slouchy.) My only complaint about the Gabrielle is that the leather base does scratch easily so that might be something to consider before purchasing. Even with this imperfection, I have no regrets with mine.

I recently purchased this bag in the black and white. I love it crossbody and one chain on each shoulder. I'm curious what the 7 different ways to wear it are.

There are four chains in total but they are divided into two sections. When I refer to straps I'm talking about each section. Here are the 7 ways I know -

1. Both straps on one shoulder
2. One strap on one shoulder and the other cross body
3. One strap on one shoulder (the one with the leather) and the other strap around your waist like a chain belt - straps create a 90 degree angle
4. One strap on the opposite shoulder (the one with the leather) and the other strap around the same part of your waist - straps create an acute angle across your body
5. Only one strap on your shoulder only (this makes the chain very long so it's best if you are tall)
6. Only one strap cross body (again the chain will be long so best if you are tall)
7. Wrap the strap with chains only several times around your wrist so that it looks like a bracelet to hold the bag

Have fun trying all these combos!

Reactions: resplendent
Have always found everyone's reviews here so helpful so wanted to give you some thoughts on my new Gabrielle hobo... LOVE the ease of this bag. Casual yet cool. The multi-chain straps let you wear the bag 7 different ways. My favourite is the cross body and one shoulder combo which not only looks great but also allows you to distribute the weight on both your shoulders. Combined with the zip at the top, this makes it an ideal bag for travelling. I really like the contrast between the stiff moulded leather base and the soft leather top. (Note that the top half of the bag is not structured like in the Chanel website photos but is actually slouchy.) My only complaint about the Gabrielle is that the leather base does scratch easily so that might be something to consider before purchasing. Even with this imperfection, I have no regrets with mine.
I've been interested too :smile: How much scratching have you seen so far?

I think this bag is very interesting, and I am loving this color from the Fall/Winter 17 Collection-pic courtesy of Vogue. I love the iridescent look as well. I'm not sure about the shoulder straps being worn on both shoulders-it seems like a good idea but I'm wondering if its a pain to remove the bag and all it over your head. I need to try it on.

Attachments

• Youll-Want-Every-Single-One.jpg
    Youll-Want-Every-Single-One.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 2,765
Congratulations on your new bag! & thanks for sharing with us details of your experience with her. I am amazed that theres 7 ways to wear it (i just knew :shocked:).

Looking forward to see your modelling photo with her, im sure you rock the bag!