Gabrielle bag, anyone one else feel the same way I do?

Good Evening Chanel Lovers! I was just curious am I the only who doesn’t like the Gabrielle bag? I like the look of it, but every time I try it on I hate it on myself. I absolutely love the mixed hardware and think the concept is really good but maybe think it’s too young for me?

A lot of people did not really care for the boy bag when it came out. Many loved it.
This is a fun read to kind of prove my point. It is a post for May 2011. Go to the comment area.
https://www.purseblog.com/chanel/boy-chanel-collection/

So it is no surprise that some people dislike the Gabrielle. It takes time for a bag to become a classic/iconic, a flop, or somewhere in the middle. I personally like it in medium and large. The small seems too small. As in getting your hand into the bag without scratches. The mini kind of humorous when it can barely fit a cell phone. But that is just me.

I picture it as a low key bag, meant for daily use, allow it to wear naturally, do not worry about scuffs on the bottom too much, place a cute wallet in it, and since it is cross body having your hands free to do as you wish with a secure feeling the bag cannot be snatched as you walk downtown at night. It can stand upright nicely with proper chain placement, can be designed with an endless array of colors and materials, and is something different in the current line up. It has that nice ring on the side for any charm you wish to put on it to have some fun. Etc...

My wife and I decided to go with a large in black and beige as a daily work purse to replace her LV bag I fondly called her luggage. She stuffed so much into it was ridiculous. A water bottle, a small ziploc bag full of pineapple, wallet, card holder, bank bag, 10 envelopes rubberbanded up, makeup, receipts, etc... Quite the unsightly mess really. Now the new Gabrielle forcing her to slim items down and then carry a different lunch bag big enough for those other assorted items. Also since she is a small business owner there is no need to be flashing around an obvious Chanel branded purse. This keeps under the radar.

Well enough about that I suppose. Lets touch back on this topic after a few months of every other day usage at the very least to see where this bag stands.

A lot of people did not really care for the boy bag when it came out. Many loved it.
This is a fun read to kind of prove my point. It is a post for May 2011. Go to the comment area.
https://www.purseblog.com/chanel/boy-chanel-collection/

So it is no surprise that some people dislike the Gabrielle. It takes time for a bag to become a classic/iconic, a flop, or somewhere in the middle. I personally like it in medium and large. The small seems too small. As in getting your hand into the bag without scratches. The mini kind of humorous when it can barely fit a cell phone. But that is just me.

I picture it as a low key bag, meant for daily use, allow it to wear naturally, do not worry about scuffs on the bottom too much, place a cute wallet in it, and since it is cross body having your hands free to do as you wish with a secure feeling the bag cannot be snatched as you walk downtown at night. It can stand upright nicely with proper chain placement, can be designed with an endless array of colors and materials, and is something different in the current line up. It has that nice ring on the side for any charm you wish to put on it to have some fun. Etc...

My wife and I decided to go with a large in black and beige as a daily work purse to replace her LV bag I fondly called her luggage. She stuffed so much into it was ridiculous. A water bottle, a small ziploc bag full of pineapple, wallet, card holder, bank bag, 10 envelopes rubberbanded up, makeup, receipts, etc... Quite the unsightly mess really. Now the new Gabrielle forcing her to slim items down and then carry a different lunch bag big enough for those other assorted items. Also since she is a small business owner there is no need to be flashing around an obvious Chanel branded purse. This keeps under the radar.

Well enough about that I suppose. Lets touch back on this topic after a few months of every other day usage at the very least to see where this bag stands.
Thanks for the link! I remember when the boy bags came out and I was curious about it but my SA told me it was seasonal so as my first bag to stick with the classics. She didn't think it was going to last [emoji23] the boy bag definitely grew on me. i couldn't agree more with your post.
It’s not one of my favorites, as in I have no intention of buying it. That said I think it’s more than fabulous that we all don’t like the same thing - it would be a terrible bland world!
Yessss exactly!! I loveee how you worded this!!!!

Reactions: mizuki.t
Maybe I’m the only one, but I don’t think it looks youthful. Yes the chain straps are new and have a young feel, the the bag itself? It looks really dated to me. I can’t explain it, but I feel like my grandma would love it. But as they say, that’s why they have chocolate and vanilla. Something for everyone!

Reactions: ashin121
Maybe I’m the only one, but I don’t think it looks youthful. Yes the chain straps are new and have a young feel, the the bag itself? It looks really dated to me. I can’t explain it, but I feel like my grandma would love it. But as they say, that’s why they have chocolate and vanilla. Something for everyone!

I think that kind of sums up my thoughts on the bag. I don’t dislike it by any means, but it has a more vintage feeling to it. It doesn’t feel crisp and modern.