Gabriela Hearst is the new Chloe Creative Director!

what is this abomination????
View attachment 5015571

Yes & Yes !!
View attachment 5015572

No, oh hell no
View attachment 5015573
I actually love it!-I love the story behind it.
The Edith bag was the 1st designer bag that GH ever owned so it had a really strong symbolism for her.
also because she is into the whole concept of low waste and ecology she had the team source vintage Edith bags and then customised them with offcuts from the collection each one of the show bags is a limited edition.
It may not be everyones cup of tea but Its inspired me to source a pre-loved Edith bag

I actually love it!-I love the story behind it.
The Edith bag was the 1st designer bag that GH ever owned so it had a really strong symbolism for her.
also because she is into the whole concept of low waste and ecology she had the team source vintage Edith bags and then customised them with offcuts from the collection each one of the show bags is a limited edition.
It may not be everyones cup of tea but Its inspired me to source a pre-loved Edith bag
I get it, i love my Edith, i crave one with a shoulder strap. But they went too far with the cut offs hanging off it, it looks like kids arts & crafts now. They have ruined hard to get bags that my OG squad covet. I'd love new colours, some more embossing, embroidery, subtle differences to an already gorgeous bag. The Edith has matching shoes and wallets - i'd love to see these again, instead we got ugly slippers.
But there is a long shearling coat in the collection that has zippers half way down. Its Gorgeous.

I get it, i love my Edith, i crave one with a shoulder strap. But they went too far with the cut offs hanging off it, it looks like kids arts & crafts now. They have ruined hard to get bags that my OG squad covet. I'd love new colours, some more embossing, embroidery, subtle differences to an already gorgeous bag. The Edith has matching shoes and wallets - i'd love to see these again, instead we got ugly slippers.
But there is a long shearling coat in the collection that has zippers half way down. Its Gorgeous.

They're actually re-issuing the edith bag, they will be regular ones that we all know and love. The ones on the runways are not going to be made in mass production so that's good news! I didn't like many of the runway ones either...

This is the coat!! :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
View attachment 5017233
Also lovely to see more inclusive models
Yes its so beautiful! and its doubly nice that you can unzip the bottom and wear as a jacket too.
btw I get your point about the fabric hanging off of the customised Edith-It actually reminds me a lot of a tweed and leather Loewe amazonia that I have with frayed chunks of tweed hanging off it-its the only bag I own that people have run down the street to comment on how incredible and beautiful it is-It IS a beautiful amazing show item But OH MY! its so heavy I've only used it once :biggrin:
And I agree re: model casting

Reactions: Roie55
It actually fits a ton! I can fit in my small wallet, Louis Vuitton 6-key, kindle, a card holder, AirPods and all the covid-preventive necessities plus a small umbrella!! It sparks joy every time I use it.

originally, I was worried that I bought the bag because of the media hype, but now I truly love it.
Can you carry it over the shoulder or just hand held?

I wait for a Edith with long strap, that's all I am hoping for. None of these are any good. The first one is ok but not for me. The eyelet cut outs - hard pass. There's one that looks like the Roy bucket style bag its the only redeeming one here. (I think its Roy). I refuse to acknowledge the knitted one.

I liked Chloé for the romantic vibes, I’m kind of bummed they went the complete opposite direction. I was just about to make a post about how Chloé is the most underrated brand right now (esp with everyone hopping on the YSL train) but I wouldn’t even pay $200 for any of those bags. Very comparable to what Slimane did to Celine.