GA shoppers...which outlet is better, Calhoun or Dawsonville?

double*domer

Jan 24, 2009
I want to make an outlet trip this Friday, and I am wondering which outlet store you think is better? I've only been to the one in Calhoun, not the one at N GA Premium outlets.

I want to use the 20% off coupon...so I'm interested in some good clearance stuff (I'd love to find a patent Zoe!!).

I'm new to this obsession...so any advice is welcome!!!!!!!:smile:

Dawsonville. They have shoes and jewelry, too. They also get colors Calhoun doesnt. The good thing about Calhoun is that is it is dead and friendlier. Also, the other stores in the Calhoun outlet are horrible. With that said, I am going to the Calhoun outlet tomorrow, lol, it's closer to me.

I've never been to Calhoun but I've called them looking for various bags and their stock seems to be less impressive than Dawsonville. I spoke with one of the SAs at Dawsonville who was due to start working at Calhoun and she reported that Dawsonville was still her favorite due to size and selection. I like the selection and the level of customer service at Dawsonville. I use Locust Grove for any returns I may have or if I am looking specifically for MFF or travel pieces only because it is closer.

Dawsonville is definitely the place to go to get the best bang for your buck with the 20% off!! I was trying to wait til the weekend to head up but I may not be able to resist a mid week trip thanks to the dang coupon!!

Thanks so much!!! Looks like I'm heading to Dawsonville with my girls on Friday!!! (poor kids)

I hope there is still some good stuff left!!!!

If you go in the morning you should be fine... I think they got in several boxes from offsite warehouse but I don't know if they have been unpacked... I have had better luck later in the week than Wednesday since they usually have not gotten all the stuff out on the floor by then. They are continuously getting new stuff in so even if you go on a Saturday evening, you're bound to find something fabulous at Dawsonville!

Happy hunting!!

Another vote for Dawsonville. I've been to the other one and it looks like what Dawsonville looked like a couple of years ago- a lot smaller. Dawsonville has a great selection and much bigger.

Jonniegirl- will they do a PA? I thought one of the girls said they would within 14 days or am i totally making that up?

Another vote for Dawsonville. I've been to the other one and it looks like what Dawsonville looked like a couple of years ago- a lot smaller. Dawsonville has a great selection and much bigger.

Johnniegirl- will they do a PA? I thought one of the girls said they would within 14 days or am i totally making that up?

they started being strict about PA with the last coupon... they were also being a bit vigilant about the one time use thing... it was a little weird but still a good shopping experience because the SAs are so nice

I called earlier today about getting a PA. Tags still on, never used. I purchased Saturday (7/25) and the lady said, "coupon can not be use for previously purchased items." When I asked about returning it and repurchasing, she said ,"the items must be in store for 24 hours."
Oh well, I tried. I still feel I got a good deal but it just stinks that I could have gotten a better discount just a few days later.

Calhoun is closest to me about 45 minutes so that is the one I go to and it does lack a variety of colors, but I don't have much to compare it to : P I am sure Dawsonville is better, isn't it in/near atl?

I will say that if you are choosing between calhoun and the atlanta area, def go atlanta because yeah, calhoun has a few more outlet stores around there, but that is it! Other than that, you are in the middle of nowhere I promise!

jeez... turning 40 this week has melted my brain... i kept reading and typing calhoun but i was actually referring to the new commerce location... sorry for the confusion ladies... please blame my ancient brain cells :noggin: