FYI The Suki is being archived.....

gail13

O.G.
Dec 25, 2009
I have been told this classic bag is being archived for about 10 yrs because it has been so popular. It is also in the 40% off sale. Do you think it's a must have?:graucho:

So they're not going to produce it for the next ten years? Its pretty popular but archiving it might diminish its popularity because too many bags are made by too many designers every year and in this time and age, relevance is key to success in my opinion. If its a good selling design, I wouldn't archive it but there are some strategic genius ideas behind archiving it, such as more exclusivity but the archival go either drive down the price of the Sukeys in the re-seller market or drive up the price as people can only turn to re-sellers now.

I was told it was being archived because it has been so popular. I have one on hold and am wondering if I want it- or would rather have a style less known. It looks like a great bag but I also know the fabric style is a little delicate.

I think the should always sell the classics in plain brown and black (like BV do with Venetas in nero and ebene) I wouldn't have thought it would hurt sales

No bags seem to stick around at Gucci, I would prefer it if they did. I guess people can always order the BTH, Stirrup or Jackie so long as they want ostrich or croc (and can afford it) but I do think Gucci often shoot themselves in the foot with too many different lines in too many different colours bags, and too many sales.

Good time to get a Sukey though!
I guess if people want one, they'd better get a move on ;).

I think the should always sell the classics in plain brown and black (like BV do with Venetas in nero and ebene) I wouldn't have thought it would hurt sales

No bags seem to stick around at Gucci, I would prefer it if they did. I guess people can always order the BTH, Stirrup or Jackie so long as they want ostrich or croc (and can afford it) but I do think Gucci often shoot themselves in the foot with too many different lines in too many different colours bags, and too many sales.

Good time to get a Sukey though!
I guess if people want one, they'd better get a move on ;).

I know you are a handbag expert and just curious if you have the Sukey. I'm on the fence about it and wondering if the 40% and the fact it will be archived make it worth owning. I am also looking at a few other bags and not sure if I will regret leaving it behind. I see lot of younger women with this bag and wondering if that's the who buys it...

I know you are a handbag expert and just curious if you have the Sukey. I'm on the fence about it and wondering if the 40% and the fact it will be archived make it worth owning. I am also looking at a few other bags and not sure if I will regret leaving it behind. I see lot of younger women with this bag and wondering if that's the who buys it...

I'm not an expert on what suits others :P If you like it, then buy it

I prob haven't got one because my sister has, although I do like the bag

Personally, I would never buy a bag just because it's suddenly cheaper unless it was one I always wanted and just couldn't afford. 40% off still means 60% to pay KWIM?

I don't think the Sukey's particularly for any one age, but it does look good carried casually (esp the large). A bit like the Soho Disco, it can be worn by so many but yes thee is a fashion for it. I think if you look at the Sukey club thread it will give you lots to think about

http://forum.purseblog.com/gucci/sukey-club-pics-and-comments-452254.html

I'm not an expert on what suits others :P If you like it, then buy it

I prob haven't got one because my sister has, although I do like the bag

Personally, I would never buy a bag just because it's suddenly cheaper unless it was one I always wanted and just couldn't afford. 40% off still means 60% to pay KWIM?

I don't think the Sukey's particularly for any one age, but it does look good carried casually (esp the large). A bit like the Soho Disco, it can be worn by so many but yes thee is a fashion for it. I think if you look at the Sukey club thread it will give you lots to think about

http://forum.purseblog.com/gucci/sukey-club-pics-and-comments-452254.html

Thanks for your input; and yes you are right, 60% of the price is still alot of money!

There are too many nice bags to choose from-such a dilemma. :lol: