FYI: photographing lookbooks at LV boutiques.

Oh man, that's too bad.

But honestly, if it is store policy not to allow photographs being taken in the store then that particular SA should have enforced the rules - no matter how well they knew their client.

LV should view TPF as a positive. What a great way for LV to interact with their worldwide customers and get feedback. The pictures from lookbooks are awesome free advertising for them. They really should give us TPF members discounts. How many people have been able to waitlist and get a dream bag because they saw it here and saw it before the release! Or a PF'r posted where an item was so someone could buy it. Either way, LV wins. I don't see why they would be cranky about TPF. By the time the new LV bags usually hit the magazines or the media they are sold out. Which is incredibly frustrating! LV could learn what their customers really think of the products, lines, and customer service.

ITA!:yes:

Those pics did not come from a lookbook (which can be shown to customers) but from pics intended only for internal use...Two people made a mistake here: the SA showing those pics and the customer who took the pics...

Those pics did not come from a lookbook (which can be shown to customers) but from pics intended only for internal use...Two people made a mistake here: the SA showing those pics and the customer who took the pics...

My SA was posting in this forum and someone from the forum contacted his store. He was only here to help, and has been too honest by giving his real store location.

My SA was posting in this forum and someone from the forum contacted his store. He was only here to help, and has been too honest by giving his real store location.

:shocked: Does it even matter really? I mean. Many pfers are always looking to acquire more LV that is almost always sold out. LV should be glad that there are more existing and new clients that really want to collect/buy more LVs. It doesn't hurt their quarterly reports! More sales more profit for them! JMO

:shocked: Does it even matter really? I mean. Many pfers are always looking to acquire more LV that is almost always sold out. LV should be glad that there are more existing and new clients that really want to collect/buy more LVs. It doesn't hurt their quarterly reports! More sales more profit for them! JMO

If someone get in trouble yes it does matter :yes:
Trust me LV doesn't need a forum to sell their product.

If someone get in trouble yes it does matter :yes:
Trust me LV doesn't need a forum to sell their product.

I didn't literally mean that LV needed the forum to sell their products! It's really unfair to those that like to collect special pieces that are always too late to be on a wait list for. Not to mention the snotty attitudes of SAs that always say "oh too bad you were not on the wait list!" How is one on the wait list if they are not informed? Does that mean you always have to shop 24/7 with tons of $$$$$$$ just to be able to buy some things that are exclusive and not exclusive? Sounds to me like you rather ppl here not buy LV.

This is an unfortunate incident. If it's okay with LV for people to take pics, then thats ok, but if they don't want pics out there, then we have to respect their wishes, right?

Hopefully no one will get in trouble again for doing something like this.

I mean, the SA could have lost his job over this. That's not cool.

I do think that the amount of LV products that gets sold to members of this forum is indeed substantial and to underestimate it would be a major mistake if you ask me...

Sold to people in this forum compared with what is sold throughout the world? I wouldn't say it would make a big dent in LV earnings if all the tPF ladies stopped buying.

I would think that LV wants its unreleased product information and designs to remain confidential as much as possible, maybe to prevent counterfeiting among other things. By confidential I don't mean no-one seeing it, but photographs, prices etc not been made available to the general public, and if it is shown to a customer, that that customer will order it for him/herself and it will not go further.

I agree that it is nice to provide information to others and let others who do not know have an opportunity to order or go on waitlists. But I would think that if a SA was reprimanded then it is better to be safe and not take photographs again.

Only just saw this (sorry Im late lol). I think that LV is letting members of the public walk in the store and look at the lookbook...then whats the problem with everyone seeing it, its just saves them travelling lol.

In the future I think that the person who takes pics of the lookbook should have a link to the pics on photobook etc. and send them to frequent members when asked. Maybe post a thread saying you have pics and then send them to members who ask and also members we can trust. Its unfortunate this has happened...I thought it was funny that the SA stayed with me the whole time when i looked at it but another SA let me look through it freely and didnt stay with me...so I think it depends on the SA and the trust issue. :flowers:

I don't want any SA to get in trouble. If that means no more lookbooks for tpf so be it.

But, I feel the counterfeiters already has a heads-up before the lookbook is available for viewing by the interested customers. JMO