FYI: photographing lookbooks at LV boutiques.

Totally Agree!

I am totally grateful to Stephanie for the pics they are incredibly useful as we all know some of the SA don't know about the bags even when they are coming out soon so without the pics and info tpfer's would never know and we'd all have to shop on ebay at 2, 3, 4 x the price

ITA.
And besides, the lookbooks are public anyway, these pieces are guaranteed to be sold, it's not like they're top secret. It helps increase their sales and interest, I guess I don't see what the problem is.
Anyway I still am very grateful for Stefania's graciousness in posting the pictures. This is reason number one why I don't talk to anyone about TPF and I'm close with my SA, too.

This whole thing was caused by a "troll" who I busted (in a discreet way) in a thread earlier in the month who is no longer here, and was trying to get me in trouble and in turn exaggerated about what we are doing here.

This is sad to hear. I have depended on the lookbooks to try and find out what the Dentelle BH looks like. (no luck though :sad: ) I see their point though. They want people to come into the boutiques to see the lookbooks and while their there, they may see something else and make a purchase. Too bad though.

i think it's also about control- they control who sees the books and when the information in it is released. posting pics of it on the web relinquishes their control. not only could counterfitters see it but their competition who may try and make a similar product and release it first. it's the same with movie companys who guard the movies or clips. if it ends up on you tube or the like they lose control of it and in many cases it ends up spoiling the excitement for the project.

i'm in no way condeming people who have taken pics in the past but rather trying to explain why it may not be allowed. i think the bottom line is- if you ask and they say ok then it's ok. if you ask and they say no, then its no.

I think PF helps their business. I'm sure many members here, including myself, are motivated to purchase items based on pictures (Lookbook included) that we see here. I'm not a huge collector of LV, but seeing pictures on PF has influenced my recent purchases. I don't live near a boutique, so I see upcoming items here (for example: Miroir and Dentelle) and then waitlist for them based on the pictures that other members have posted.

ITA, without tPF, I'd be less tempted to buy things, and won't know about new releases in advanced. :shame:

Stephanie, I too frequent the Scottsdale AZ boutique, Stacy is my SA, has been for four+ years. I saw the lookbook at about 1 pm and they had most of the LE/special order bags out on the floor by then. I think they can be a bit dramatic at times (for effect of course and to create that lack of supply to create demand) and Stacy never said once that the book was going to be unavailable. I even called back later becasue i was obsessing about the delivery dates and she said "hang on, let me get the book" and that was at about 4pm...

just as an aside, I was too busy going NUTS over the beautiful bags to take any pictures, but if I could have gained my composure long enough to do so, I too would have snapped a few for the tPF gals......ah well, lesson learned.
But I wish I had a photographic memory, especially of the Polka Dot Stripes Besace (in blue) which I did place an order for. honestly, for those who saw it, what did you think of it????

I am so grateful for Stefania for posting the photos as my store never has any idea of upcoming items and I have to request them in order for them to try and sorce them from the Global Store here and thus have to compete with the GS client base too ... so unless I am able to get my request in early they can not get specific S/S 07 items in for me. THANK YOU Stefania for taking the time to post all the photos:heart:

ITA.
And besides, the lookbooks are public anyway, these pieces are guaranteed to be sold, it's not like they're top secret. It helps increase their sales and interest, I guess I don't see what the problem is.
Anyway I still am very grateful for Stefania's graciousness in posting the pictures. This is reason number one why I don't talk to anyone about TPF and I'm close with my SA, too.

ITA. I'm grateful too. I learned early on that there is nothing coming out this s/s that I want! I didn't have to drive down to scottsdale to find out! Whoever ratted stefania out is a troll :yucky: