FYI- New Medium Cabat

prestwick

O.G.
Dec 30, 2007
I just had the opportunity to stop in at BV in Palm Beach after having eyed a New Grey Metallic Placato Cabat in the window. The color is glorious. The bag glimmered in the sun. I was informed by the SA that this bag is a medium cabat and that the dimensions have changed for medium cabats. The top handles are longer. And the height of the bag is somewhat higher than the traditional medium cabat. The width and depth stayed the same. I was told that all new medium cabats being made will be done in the new dimensions. All older medium cabats will be phased out as they are sold, regardless of classic colors or seasonal treatments. Sorry I do not know the actual new dimensions but for those who have wished to carry this bag on their shoulder, I think their their prayers may have been answered by Mr. Maier.

Ivan my SA in San Francisco shared the Cabat dimension changes during our meet-up in SF. Looking forward to longer strap length and taller height. I'm especially interested in the large. My BV enabler Diane278 is supporting my moderation in anticipation of the updated Cabat. My only splurge has been my custom cowgirl boots from Lubbock TX that will compliment some of my fav BV colors - copper and purple! About 8 weeks to go for the cowgirl boots extraordinaire from the heart of TX.

I just had the opportunity to stop in at BV in Palm Beach after having eyed a New Grey Metallic Placato Cabat in the window. The color is glorious. The bag glimmered in the sun. I was informed by the SA that this bag is a medium cabat and that the dimensions have changed for medium cabats. The top handles are longer. And the height of the bag is somewhat higher than the traditional medium cabat. The width and depth stayed the same. I was told that all new medium cabats being made will be done in the new dimensions. All older medium cabats will be phased out as they are sold, regardless of classic colors or seasonal treatments. Sorry I do not know the actual new dimensions but for those who have wished to carry this bag on their shoulder, I think their their prayers may have been answered by Mr. Maier.
do you know if the price is changing?

Ivan my SA in San Francisco shared the Cabat dimension changes during our meet-up in SF. Looking forward to longer strap length and taller height. I'm especially interested in the large. My BV enabler Diane278 is supporting my moderation in anticipation of the updated Cabat. My only splurge has been my custom cowgirl boots from Lubbock TX that will compliment some of my fav BV colors - copper and purple! About 8 weeks to go for the cowgirl boots extraordinaire from the heart of TX.
So, how's that boot & bag vault coming? Better make space for those new boots. :graucho:

do you know if the price is changing?
I did not ask the price of the classic nappa new cabats. But I would imagine that there would be an increase in price as it is larger hence more materials are being used. And it would be a perfect opportunity for BV to raise the price as it is a new item. Isn't that always the way?

So, how's that boot & bag vault coming? Better make space for those new boots. :graucho:

It's on my to-do list for November/December. I'm grounded for biz travel and have a ton of vacation time to use. We should plan a mini meet-up in Carmel. BTW, we need to work on getting an invite to the Valley Fair boutique opening party.

Thanks for the info. I really like the current dimensions of the medium Cabat, so this might not be good news for me. I'm petite, and I wouldn't want the medium to be any taller or have longer handles--I fear that the whole bag will hang too low on my torso with those changes. First they get rid of the small/mini Cabat, and now, this? My wallet is relieved, anyway!

Thanks for the info. I really like the current dimensions of the medium Cabat, so this might not be good news for me. I'm petite, and I wouldn't want the medium to be any taller or have longer handles--I fear that the whole bag will hang too low on my torso with those changes. First they get rid of the small/mini Cabat, and now, this? My wallet is relieved, anyway!
I agree! I don't want a bigger medium cabat.

I agree. I'm short and a deeper bag doesn't work for me either.