FYI-Neiman Marcus/BG/Last Call Return Policy Change!!!

Is this return policy effective for new purchases or old purchases too? I have a bag that I need to return that I haven't had the chance too with a 6 month old and things being hectic with 2 kids under 4. It's way past the 60 days tho.

Everyone's circumstances are different. I travel to my home country Canada a lot and can't return stuff in the 2-3 months until im back. Oh well I was just getting into shopping at NM despite their points system not being the best.

Good question, I was wondering the same thing in regards to returns on older purchases?

Im thinking they will probably let people slide at first, being as though the policy is so new. Im also thinking it will probably vary by location and may also be dependent on the temperment of the CSR's at the service desk.

Please come back and let us know how you make out. Good Luck:smile:

Reactions: newcalimommy
Is this return policy effective for new purchases or old purchases too? I have a bag that I need to return that I haven't had the chance too with a 6 month old and things being hectic with 2 kids under 4. It's way past the 60 days tho.

Everyone's circumstances are different. I travel to my home country Canada a lot and can't return stuff in the 2-3 months until im back. Oh well I was just getting into shopping at NM despite their points system not being the best.

My BG SA told me that things purchased before the new policy can still be returned at any time. Anything bought on or after the policy change is subject to the new rules.

Hmm...wonder if they changed it recently? I was in NM about a month ago and I asked about the BG thing and she said they would take it, which was kind of odd because about a month before that, I noticed someone trying to return a BG thing and they wouldn't take it. They also told me fairly recently that they weren't adhering to that 60 day thing anymore. So maybe it's very recent?

Hmm...wonder if they changed it recently? I was in NM about a month ago and I asked about the BG thing and she said they would take it, which was kind of odd because about a month before that, I noticed someone trying to return a BG thing and they wouldn't take it. They also told me fairly recently that they weren't adhering to that 60 day thing anymore. So maybe it's very recent?
If you dont mind me asking, what state was this in? Hopefully all the stores follow suit quickly :biggrin:

While I normally wouldn't return something after 60 days, this could become a problem around the holidays. I regularly buy Christmas gifts during the October F&F sales at all of the stores. Now, I'll have to give gifts early to make sure they fit because people won't be able to return or exchange after the holidays if needed. Or, I'll have to buy gifts in early November so that my recipients have until early January to make returns.

While I normally wouldn't return something after 60 days, this could become a problem around the holidays. I regularly buy Christmas gifts during the October F&F sales at all of the stores. Now, I'll have to give gifts early to make sure they fit because people won't be able to return or exchange after the holidays if needed. Or, I'll have to buy gifts in early November so that my recipients have until early January to make returns.

I think for the holidays, a lot of stores make an exception to accept returns until late January. Saks which usually has a 30 day return policy always extend its return period starting in October I think.

I called 2 Neimans in the area and they said that they would take a Bergdorfs online return but not an instore purchase. That might be the difference.

The new policy is effective February first on all and any purchases according to these customer service people.

I called 2 Neimans in the area and they said that they would take a Bergdorfs online return but not an instore purchase. That might be the difference.

The new policy is effective February first on all and any purchases according to these customer service people.
Thank you
And at one point this is how 1 of my local stores was when they initially changed the policy. And now its at the point of no bg returns at all.
I honestly dont think they really understand what the new policy is and how it should be practiced across the board.
This bit of info proves you will get different info from different stores, just depends on your state. So frustrating :confused1:

However, the below article may add some insight on the confusion. If the below turns out to be true, I wonder if they will end up combining our Saks and Neiman's credit accounts, lol.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/14/business/dealbook/neiman-marcus.html?_r=0

Thank you
And at one point this is how 1 of my local stores was when they initially changed the policy. And now its at the point of no bg returns at all.
I honestly dont think they really understand what the new policy is and how it should be practiced across the board.
This bit of info proves you will get different info from different stores, just depends on your state. So frustrating :confused1:

However, the below article may add some insight on the confusion. If the below turns out to be true, I wonder if they will end up combining our Saks and Neiman's credit accounts, lol.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/14/business/dealbook/neiman-marcus.html?_r=0

This is so funny to me especially because im Canadian and worked at the Bay. Thanks for sharing. I wanted to ask my Neimans SA today can I use my Saks card lol :smile: