FW leather IS different

tkingny said:
Darn -- I was planning on going to Bal NY today to buy a black city. Now, I think I should wait until the new ones come in. Does anyone know when that will be?? What should I do?

I talked to BNY about 3 weeks ago about the black city's. At that time, they told me the arrival of the new black city's was dependent upon how quickly the current stock of black bags sold. They "thought" it might be around August.

I was told that a few of the bags in stock had "good" leather without the veins. I just didn't want to take the chance ordering sight unseen.

Since you can actually see the bags IRL, I think it's worth the trip to 22nd street. You might get lucky! (and you can report back to all of us!)

I saw the bag and Joseph thought the particular one I was looking at was a really nice leather (I hope he wasn't just trying to sell the bag:smile:. It didn't seem too veiny to me (though I'm a total newbie to Bal, so I'm not sure I'm a great judge of that). Maybe it's worth going down there one more time and asking Joseph what he knows about the new ones and whether it's worth waiting. What's everyone's experience with the SAs at Bal -- are they pretty honest about their inventory and do you think they will know whether the new leathers will better quality?

I also found an ink city at a different store (but I would have to buy it without seeing it, so I don't know how the leather looks), so I could go for it as well. It's my first bbag, so of course, I'm in a bit of a quandry. This can easily become an obsession!!

tkingny said:
What's everyone's experience with the SAs at Bal -- are they pretty honest about their inventory and do you think they will know whether the new leathers will better quality?

It seems the great SA's they've had eventually leave and coincidentally they happen to be the men.

Terry is the worst SA they have and I would not trust her farther than I could throw her!

There is an element of truth in that you have to rely on the SA's judgement of which bag fits your criteria and that requires a leap of faith. I'm pragmatic enough to know the number one priority for BNY is to move inventory and sell, sell, sell.

layla said:
It seems the great SA's they've had eventually leave and coincidentally they happen to be the men.

Terry is the worst SA they have and I would not trust her farther than I could throw her!
Have you seen her in person before.. I;m just curious what is she looks like.... She's the one who help me buy my first BBAg.. she's kinda okay.. not super friendly & helpful though... unlike SA at shirise, she's so helpful & friendly..

cutiekiara said:
Have you seen her in person before.. I;m just curious what is she looks like.... She's the one who help me buy my first BBAg.. she's kinda okay.. not super friendly & helpful though... unlike SA at shirise, she's so helpful & friendly..

cutiekiara, you are spot on regarding the observation of Terry "not super friendly & helpful though." It's the truth.

Sadly, her disposition renders her unattractive on the outside as well as on the inside.

layla said:
cutiekiara, you are spot on regarding the observation of Terry "not super friendly & helpful though." It's the truth.

Sadly, her disposition renders her unattractive on the outside as well as on the inside.

Beware of Terry, folks. I believe that she once stole money from me. I went in with cash to pay for a bag, counted it before i gave it to her, she disappeared into the back room and came out claiming I had given her $100 less than I am sure I gave her.:censor: There was nothing I could do, it was my word against hers.

zeke said:
Beware of Terry, folks. I believe that she once stole money from me. I went in with cash to pay for a bag, counted it before i gave it to her, she disappeared into the back room and came out claiming I had given her $100 less than I am sure I gave her.:censor: There was nothing I could do, it was my word against hers.

omigosh, are you kidding, that's terrible zeke :cry: ...my girl daphne over there is a doll & so is kim (sarah's sweet too)...terry does kinda look like omarosa, only a shorter version without the long hair & fake boobs :graucho:

aaallabama said:
omigosh, are you kidding, that's terrible zeke :cry: ...my girl daphne over there is a doll & so is kim (sarah's sweet too)...terry does kinda look like omarosa, only a shorter version without the long hair & fake boobs :graucho:

:lol: :lol: :lol: could she be her sister???? :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

zeke said:

I am not surprised to hear this, unfortunately. Sorry that happened to you. :sad:

Pardon me for mentioning another forum here, but someone (on the tsf forum) mentioned Terry and leshent allegedly work closely together for ebay, i.e. Terry gets some type of monetary compensation and shows leshent favoritism. :ninja:

PSA - Please steer clear from this SA, she is the absolute worst!

aaallabama said:

I am the one that originated the nickname Omorosa for Terry. ;)