Future dilemma: coco handle vs classic flap?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello Everyone!

Let me give some background:

I've purchased the classic jumbo caviar with ghw in the past but didn't love it - I don't know what it was. I loved the look and bag itself - the multiple compartments etc. Now in hindsight - I think it was the hardware. I was always a gold girl, but now I've grown to love silver more. I feel like it's less fussy. I ended up returning the bag because I wasn't head over heels like I thought I would be for a 5k bag.

Coco handle-
    I think I saw somewhere that they're re-releasing the coco handle (with the lizard handle - which I loved! But couldn't purchase at the time). I think the handle is everything! And the design overall is very classic in itself.

So the question is... Do I repurchase the classic flap in silver? (Should I stick with caviar or go for lambskin)Or should I go for the coco handle?

I only have one Chanel bag in my collection, which is my old med black lamb boy with rhw (love this bag to pieces)

I tried asking my boyfriend for his opinion but he's biased because he doesn't like the classic at all I can only afford to have one bag, and I'd like to start saving now! Thank you all for your opinion

2. I'd get classic with the silver hardware. I think you can't go wrong with that. Is it a jumbo you intend to get?

3. I vote coco handle for two reasons:

1) the coco handle design allows it to be shoulder-carried or hand-carried.
    2) the double flap of the classic flaps drives me nuts. I loved the old single flaps

Good luck with your decision!

Toronto24 likes this.
  4. Coco handle gets my vote. I love this style and currently use it way more than my classics. The shoulder/top handle option is great, it fits a substantial amount, and it is a very user-friendly bag.

5. another vote for coco handle. i used to really dislike top handle bags, but i actually think they are more classic and versatile as we age. lots of women cannot shoulder carry bags - especially heavy chain bags - when they get older and i think kelly/top handle bags are much better for a woman's collection long-term. and the ability to carry multiple ways makes it much more functional, imo.

celine666666 likes this.
  6. There are a fair amount of complaints about the jumbo being heavy which I do agree with. The coco handle being released soon will once again have leather lining which makes it pretty special. I find it interesting this will be the third release of this bag-it's popular for a reason. I know I'm on the list! I'd be on the lookout for a preloved jumbo since you'll be able to find one for less.

7. My vote goes for classic flap - if you're not loving the gold then get silver! I'm a lambskin lover so i say get lambskin with SHW

8. I totally agree! I also think it's more versatile

9. Yes it definitely is heavy... I think I'm gonna go for the coco handle! Love that the lizard is leather lined!

10. Hi gail..correct me if im wrong. I saw the list in fall 1 or 2, the coco handle are in lambskin???

11. I believe they are calf, which is wonderful!

12. I agree on coco handle over a classic flap. Also love that the new ones will be calfskin. I also noticed that it says in description that the strap is detachable with the new ones! That is awesome

ellenla likes this.
  13. Do you mind share where u saw the descriptions? Is this from boutique or department stores? thanks

Wplijnaar likes this.
  14. I want to know as well , thanks in advance

15. From a few department store descriptions...ask an SA but specifically at Hirshleifers.