Fuschia or Black Twist MM

Jones1981

Oct 17, 2013
Hi Peeps!

I am looking to get a Twist MM for my birthday next month, it will be my first LV and I am completely torn between the Black and Fuschia.

I have different thoughts on each:

I love the black, it will go with everything and is more edgy that the bright colours (I think). This would have the potential to get a lot of wear, but might end up competing with a couple of other bags in my collection. I have 2 other black and silver hardware bags, they are totally different but could serve the same function (celine trapeze small and AW Rockie). I would probably sell the AW Rockie if I bought the black one since I don't imagine I would ever wear it over the Twist.

The Fuschia definitely has the wow factor, it is stunning. It is more feminine and less edgy than the black in my opinion. The only other bag I have with colour is the Celine Nano Luggage which is neutral but with magenta wings. I baby my bags and expect them to last forever, so I need to still love this a few years down the line. I generally play it safe with my choices because I have to save so hard to buy, and I have made quite a few mistakes on impulse buying odd bags in sales and have ended up selling them. I think this is why I fear a bright bag but at the same time I do think it is more striking than the black and I annoy myself for being so boring!

I would love to hear thoughts from all you lovely experienced collectors!

Attachments

• louis-vuitton-twist-mm-epi-leather-handbags--M51006_PM2_Front%20view.jpg
    louis-vuitton-twist-mm-epi-leather-handbags--M51006_PM2_Front%20view.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 533
  • louis-vuitton-twist-mm-epi-leather-handbags--M50282_PM2_Front%20view.jpg
    louis-vuitton-twist-mm-epi-leather-handbags--M50282_PM2_Front%20view.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 505
I would personally go with the black version since it's a timeless colour that's resistant to fads/trends, hides dirt very well, is compatible with any wardrobe, and can be worn for any occasion whether it be shopping or a funeral. While the fuchsia is beautiful - and would work depending on your personality, lifestyle, etc. - you would have to stop and consider whether you'd still love it and wear it 5, 10, 15 years from now as your life and trends change.

Last edited:
Hi Peeps!

I am looking to get a Twist MM for my birthday next month, it will be my first LV and I am completely torn between the Black and Fuschia.

I have different thoughts on each:

I love the black, it will go with everything and is more edgy that the bright colours (I think). This would have the potential to get a lot of wear, but might end up competing with a couple of other bags in my collection. I have 2 other black and silver hardware bags, they are totally different but could serve the same function (celine trapeze small and AW Rockie). I would probably sell the AW Rockie if I bought the black one since I don't imagine I would ever wear it over the Twist.

The Fuschia definitely has the wow factor, it is stunning. It is more feminine and less edgy than the black in my opinion. The only other bag I have with colour is the Celine Nano Luggage which is neutral but with magenta wings. I baby my bags and expect them to last forever, so I need to still love this a few years down the line. I generally play it safe with my choices because I have to save so hard to buy, and I have made quite a few mistakes on impulse buying odd bags in sales and have ended up selling them. I think this is why I fear a bright bag but at the same time I do think it is more striking than the black and I annoy myself for being so boring!

I would love to hear thoughts from all you lovely experienced collectors!
Pink

Reactions: Jones1981
They both looks stunning, but I would go with black. I own the Alma BB in Fuchsia and love this color, but sometimes I have problems to compare it with my wardrobe. Black fits everything, is so elegant and absolutely timeless. I would sell the other black bag you mentioned and add a Fuchsia SLG. Good luck for your decision [emoji5]

I prefer the black! To me it's more stunning than the fuchsia! And this comes from a person, who just bought a VERY bright first Chanel (and, like you, can't afford expensive mistakes :smile:)
Let us know what you bought!

Well I'm not really a collector, per se, but here's my 2 cent. I love pops of color but because the twist is such a classy yet edgy looking bag, I think it's best in black, especially at that price point. You'll likely get more wear out of the black and it'll look great for years to come.

If you're apprehensive about color but want something fun, I would ease into it with something at a lower price point, like maybe an Alma BB, twice, or felicie for that pop. At least, that's what I plan to do when I'm ready to add more color to my collection. My first colorful bag was a (relatively moderately priced) red Gucci disco. I didn't wanna break the bank on something I wasn't sure about. Fortunately I love having some color so it worked out. I could justify testing the waters for $1k, but not $4k. At that price, I have to be SURE I will love and wear it. (Saving up for my black Chanel now though DH insists I should get red since it's my favorite color.)

Well I'm not really a collector, per se, but here's my 2 cent. I love pops of color but because the twist is such a classy yet edgy looking bag, I think it's best in black, especially at that price point. You'll likely get more wear out of the black and it'll look great for years to come.

If you're apprehensive about color but want something fun, I would ease into it with something at a lower price point, like maybe an Alma BB, twice, or felicie for that pop. At least, that's what I plan to do when I'm ready to add more color to my collection. My first colorful bag was a (relatively moderately priced) red Gucci disco. I didn't wanna break the bank on something I wasn't sure about. Fortunately I love having some color so it worked out. I could justify testing the waters for $1k, but not $4k. At that price, I have to be SURE I will love and wear it. (Saving up for my black Chanel now though DH insists I should get red since it's my favorite color.)

What great advice! This is exactly what I need to do!! i think you are doing the right thing going for black Chanel, can't get more classic than that :smile:

Black please. I have alma BB in fuschia and I love it. But I use my black bag more often, regardless what is the design/brand of the bag. Good luck on deciding.. ;)

They both look fabulous in person, but the fuchsia on the Twist is almost a completely different shade than the fuchsia on the Alma BB. It's stunning! Yes, black goes with everything, it's always a safe bet. But, this shade of fuchsia on the Twist isn't too bright or too much of a pop of color. It's just such an eye catching color on a gorgeous bag. Buy what you know you'll wear more of, but the Twist to me in the fuchsia color will for sure turn more heads.