Furry Nails?

Sassys

Please get some Common Sense
O.G.
May 14, 2006
Blake Lively had a velvet manicure for her wedding, but would you try furry nails? After caviar, leather and concrete, soft and fuzzy is 2013's hottest trend in textured fingertips

An explosion of fake fur has hit the High Street - hoods, bags and winter boots - and now you can get it on your nails, too.

MUA Makeup Academy has just launched a fur-effect nail product in five colours, each £3, which when sprinkled over wet polish makes them look soft and fluffy to touch.

'Whether you are going for a fun feel or a luxury look, these textured nails are perfect,' says the marketing spiel. The website shows fingernails that look wrapped in velvet - or if you're more cynical, fuzzy felt.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...nd-caviar-leather-concrete.html#ixzz2Jxps2Cop

:nogood: I like my nails smooth.

I know right, and try a top coat for that!!! LOL, I would have fury little strings all over ,my clothing from wearing off the polish. and what about rubbing it and getting bald patches. I can see this going bad real quick or is that going bald real quick?

What's with all the textured nails lately? I mean ok matte, i like it so long as the polish has sparkle like Zoya's Savita but if it doesn't the polish just looks flat and boring in my opinion. The Caviar look might be fun for an accent nail but really it's a look that will only last a day. What about the new Mariah Carry sand effect polishes? Maybe it's just me but i don't see myself wearing any of them, and ive read that others would only wear them with top coat on top. Fuzzy nails really? What are you going to do not wash your hands all day to save your nail look? gross. What?! The polish companies think we're like sheep and wear anything a celeb does? Insane. I'm not saying that all textured looks are bad if they were no one would wear any heavy glitters, or what about the Nubar Sparkle collection that came out years back? There was texture but it had some amazing shades as well.

It reminds me of sesame street muppets, so it comes across as really juvenile to me. I don't think I'd like it on my nails, but I'm sure there are some folks who could rock it.

I don't understand the textured nail trend that's been going around lately. The fuzzy nails is by far the most bizarre. I don't even want to think about how gross it would get.

It is easy to DIY and it is does remind me of stuff animal... haha... It is fun for a little while. I use elmer's glue as basecoat so it just peels off when the novelty is over which usually for a few hours. You can wash your hands no problem with the velvet manicure.

Here are my two DIY velvet manicures. By the way, all you have to do it by 'flocking powder' from the craft store and match it with a cream nail polish. No need for expensive Ciate kit.

Attachments

• joyluscious_funflock_manicure.jpg
    joyluscious_funflock_manicure.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 2,288
  • joyluscious_31daychallenge_day20.jpg
    joyluscious_31daychallenge_day20.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 2,498
It is easy to DIY and it is does remind me of stuff animal... haha... It is fun for a little while. I use elmer's glue as basecoat so it just peels off when the novelty is over which usually for a few hours. You can wash your hands no problem with the velvet manicure.

Here are my two DIY velvet manicures. By the way, all you have to do it by 'flocking powder' from the craft store and match it with a cream nail polish. No need for expensive Ciate kit.

Both look great!!

Great Job JOY&LV You make it look soo simple, i doubt I could do this on my own fingers though. Very interesting though and I wonder what texture they will bring out next.