Furnace filter

Dec 14, 2005
Does anyone have a good site to buy furnace filters? Specifically the washable ones. We already have one in the furnace right now but it is so dirty and I want to clean it but I have to turn off the heat until the filter is dry. Now I don't want to stuck in a cold house so I need to buy a back up. Can anyone recommend a good site?TIA!

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I still haven't been able to find a filter, we must have an odd sized furnace or something. I think I'm just going to call the furnace manufacturer tomorrow.

^^ Scarlett, I have an older townhome (1980) and the furnace filter was a weird size so I had my Dad help me cut the filter material to the correct size...kind of a custom splice job to get it right as the material on the bolt was too narrow. So far, so good.

I don't know who designed my Coleman furnace but I have to cut my filters also and it's a newer model. I tried washing the filter the other day but I could still see some dust and not worth my effort so I just threw it out.

I just buy the filters locally.

Let us know where you ordered from...........

MY DH & I have terrible allergies. We used to have the washable ones but found the disposable ones work better for us.
I really hate putting the old ones in the landfill but with the allergies being so bad I have no choice.