FURLA bags

Thanks, Furla. It says I'm not allowed to post on that link. Maybe because I'm so new to the forum? I saw something about needing to wait 5 days and make five posts... Please help me follow.
You have to be active and comment on threads, that's all. It's not difficult to engage in conversation here as there are so many subforums and threads on every possible subject. And 5 days will go by fast.

Wanted to share a quick review of the Furla Opportunity Vanity Case bag. The inner tag says Made in China. I ordered 3 colors and liked the green one most, so I tried it on. The strap is not adjustable and feels a little short, like it would be very short with a coat on. The structure is quite rigid and boxy, so it needs to be opened all the way to access the inside, which I am not a fan of. Also because it's so boxy it sticks off the body quite a bit when worn crossbody, although it's less noticeable when worn on the shoulder.
Overall, I don't think this bag is a good fit for me and will be returning it but I do think it's cute - maybe more like something I would buy for a teen.

Attachments

• 20240117_195628.jpg
    20240117_195628.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 20240117_200115.jpg
    20240117_200115.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 20240117_200149.jpg
    20240117_200149.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 20240117_200409.jpg
    20240117_200409.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Wanted to share a quick review of the Furla Opportunity Vanity Case bag. The inner tag says Made in China. I ordered 3 colors and liked the green one most, so I tried it on. The strap is not adjustable and feels a little short, like it would be very short with a coat on. The structure is quite rigid and boxy, so it needs to be opened all the way to access the inside, which I am not a fan of. Also because it's so boxy it sticks off the body quite a bit when worn crossbody, although it's less noticeable when worn on the shoulder.
Overall, I don't think this bag is a good fit for me and will be returning it but I do think it's cute - maybe more like something I would buy for a teen.
Vanity cases tend to be boxy and structured. It's the nature of the beast. I think they're best when hand carried - crossbody they tend to look a bit awkward. Furla has many other magnificent styles, and actually the Camelia vanity case in leather is also in sale on the furla.com website. The zipper on that is different (it doesn't go as far to the back as with the Opportunity vanity case) so it's easier to use. Also, it's so easy to get a replacement strap I don't even worry about removable straps being too short these days (95% of the straps are too short for me).

• Thanks
Reactions: nyeredzi and tmk_fr
Vanity cases tend to be boxy and structured. It's the nature of the beast. I think they're best when hand carried - crossbody they tend to look a bit awkward. Furla has many other magnificent styles, and actually the Camelia vanity case in leather is also in sale on the furla.com website. The zipper on that is different (it doesn't go as far to the back as with the Opportunity vanity case) so it's easier to use. Also, it's so easy to get a replacement strap I don't even worry about removable straps being too short these days (95% of the straps are too short for me).
Thank for the advice!
I did consider the Camelia one as well, but I don't like it when leather bags have a cloth lining (I prefer leather or suede). I am relatively new to the category of vanity cases, so maybe it's just not a style that works well for me as I primarily wear my bags crossbody.

Thank for the advice!
I did consider the Camelia one as well, but I don't like it when leather bags have a cloth lining (I prefer leather or suede). I am relatively new to the category of vanity cases, so maybe it's just not a style that works well for me as I primarily wear my bags crossbody.
This is the reason why I admire vanity cases from afar. They look *amaaaazinggg* but the practicality and wearability isn't there for me. It's the same with bucket bags. Love the look, not how they carry or function.

Reactions: tmk_fr