FURIOUS!!! Canceling my Taser order!

Couturegrl

Addicted to Tiffany's
O.G.
Apr 24, 2006
I just received an email from a local animal rights group. They are protesting at Taser International Headquarters (near my house, in Scottsdale) because Taser tests its stun guns on DOGS AND PIGS!!:wtf:

I am so upset--I have a Taser on preorder right now, but I am calling tomorrow and telling them that until they stop these barbaric tests, to cancel my order.:tdown:

:cursing:

Was anyone else aware of this?? This took me by such suprise:sad:

I've seen a video of a bull getting shot with a TASER. He just popped back up after a few seconds and was fine. I'm kind of wondering how they would test them if it wasn't on animals.

I've seen a video of a bull getting shot with a TASER. He just popped back up after a few seconds and was fine. I'm kind of wondering how they would test them if it wasn't on animals.

Ok your planning on buying a taser to use on humans right?? My guess is if its ok for humans, its ok for animals? Unless they taserize them like over and over....that would be wrong.

Ok your planning on buying a taser to use on humans right?? My guess is if its ok for humans, its ok for animals? Unless they taserize them like over and over....that would be wrong.

Wait when did animals become so disposable? They are not here for our abuse. They didn't ask us to make Tasers...and if I'm not mistaken they are only meant to be used against an attacker, not random people or random animals. Would you test one out on your cat? Lets all go around tasering everyone! weee! hey, on the flip side of that comment, if we can randomly do it to animals...we can randomly do it to humans, right? If it's okay for animals, it's okay for humans. *sigh*

^They came out with a very small one for self defense.

I had a cousin who was run off of the road, raped by two men, stabbed 18 times and had her body dumped. The ONLY reason she survived is because she pretended to be dead and managed to crawl a mile to a nearby house to get air evaced to the ER.

Then my father's friend's daughter got raped and shot by her date a few months ago.

Both girls were completely defenseless.

I just felt that a Taser would be a good thing to have around...makes me feel safer and more confident that I would be able to protect myself if need be...but not at the expense of innocent animals.