Furious after visit to Supermarket today .......

joviscot

*BONNIE SCOTLAND*
Oct 5, 2008
Was quietly going round the supermarket this evening and had my new Chanel tote.

Anyway, after a few isles, I heard the following conversation from a young girl (late teens, early twenties) and the two guys she was with .......

(there was something said first but didnt hear it - then ......
(guy) - "be quiet"
(girl) - "no, she is just an attention seeker"
(guy) - be quiet please
(girl) - no have you seen her handbag"

I knew from this it was me she was meaning and turned round and really wanted to say something but the guys looked as mouthy as her so just made sure they knew I wasnt happy ....... next minute the guys propelled her down the aisle towards the checkout and they were gone.

I was fuming, called hubby who said she was just jealous and to ignore it, got on with the shopping then headed for another checkout - the cashier asked me what was wrong (she could see I was uptight) - she said the same, the girl was just jealous and she couldnt believe that someone would say that to me.

I have had a few instances of this at home and in the South of France. Sometimes I wonder if its worth having the tote, cos I cant stand the tuts, comments and filthy looks from some females.

Am most angry as she said I was an attention seeker - I am not. Thats not why I wanted the Chanel handbag ........ anyone else had this and how do you handle it??

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH - some people .....:wtf::tdown::cursing:

dont let it bother you...just keep your head up high and rock your bag. She IS jealous..something that should just make you laugh. :smile: I get a bit of a ego boost when this happens lol just take it as your much more fab then her.

I must ay that her comment was very rude and jealous. I`m terrible sorry for you, you must feel really bad. Remember that she doesn`t know you, so she can`t say that you`re an attention seeker. You know, jealosy makes especially yonger people act stupid. So, enjoy your beautiful handbag and be proud of it :smile:

Yes, you should just ignore it. I'm so used to remarks that people made about my bag or "is that even real?" question. It's not worth it, just enjoy your bag and be happy :greengrin:

It's frustrating but really just let it go ... you'd be surprised how many haters are out there (some aren't so obvious)! Just enjoy your Chanel bag, life is too short to care about what some random girl thinks!

She is clearly jealous. There are so many people like that. I totally understand your frustration, but you got to remember the bitterness exists everywhere. Unfortunately for this world, some people get to enjoy the elegant Chanel bags, some can just look and input little petty comment like this girl. Ignor the minor flaws, rock your bag!!!

Last edited:
Thank you guys - still angry but it is easing now. I have other bags - Gucci, Mulberry etc but have never had the amount of comments, tuts etc as I have with the Chanel bag. Must be cos its Chanel.

Lucky she didnt look at my watch cos I had the J12!! Obviously doesnt really know her designer stuff as much as she thinks she does!!

She was just being petty & sadly jealous- do not let her spoil your enjoyment of carrying your special bag- the bag obviously is better off on your arm then hers if that's how she's going to behave!

Oh, how horrible - I agree, she was just jealous. I live in Aberdeen and constantly have people asking me how much my bags cost and giving me dirty looks because I 'obviously think I'm something special' - drives me crazy just how jealous some people can be, especially up here where fabulousness is in short supply!!

Just you continue to rock your Chanel and ignore her - she will never be as fabulous as you :P