Fur vest- investment piece or trend item?

For items that I'm not sure if they will be an investment piece for me, I buy a cheaper version and wear it, see how I feel and then decide if I want to splurg on something similar. I have saved myself SO much money by doing this!

For this piece in particular, I will not wear real fur so if this was a style I wanted, I would personally only go with faux.

Rabbit fur is not particularly long wearing nor as luxurious as other furs. It is generally seen more in trendy items rather than classics. Between these two vests, I think the faux version is the better choice.

Bump...any other thoughts? I have reservations about buying something that feels trendy to me but I want to know if other perceive a fur vest as trendy...
go for it! great price and a classic piece, IMO, because fur and vests never go out of style. I found one that was the same style like yours, but in a grey to black ombre fade, and it was 300, which I thought was overpriced for rabbit fur, but I decided 150 would've been worth it.

Rabbit fur is not particularly long wearing nor as luxurious as other furs. It is generally seen more in trendy items rather than classics. Between these two vests, I think the faux version is the better choice.
you raise good points, but I wouldn't even pay 65 for faux, as I think it becomes very ratty-looking after only a couple times of wear and doesn't feel nice to the touch.

I think a fur vest is only an investment piece (IMO) if it's in a style and pelt that is classic and timeless.
However, in this disposable culture, investment piece means different things to different people.

Hello i'm curious which do you think looks best on me? let me know your thoughts! i'm an animal lover but still so tempted with fur vests/ coats. i'm a bit confused of the lengths of the vests and i really love the burgundy color i think its better than black but its a little short also. i havent got the coat version but now i feel like i should have bought that one too. Let me know what you think please. Happy new year to all!
IMG_1483226040.591129.jpg

Hello i'm curious which do you think looks best on me? let me know your thoughts! i'm an animal lover but still so tempted with fur vests/ coats. i'm a bit confused of the lengths of the vests and i really love the burgundy color i think its better than black but its a little short also. i havent got the coat version but now i feel like i should have bought that one too. Let me know what you think please. Happy new year to all!
View attachment 3562013
Bottom rgt pic is most flattering, esp since its layered on top. The upper right looks matronly. The longer vest looks off, maybe better on taller women. Upper left may also be ok, but still liking the shorter one best.

View attachment 3562013
Out of the vests I like the bottom right, but I also really like the coat. I think it serves a different purpose than the vest.

View attachment 3562013
Out of the 4 pictures I like the bottom right the shortest vest of the bunch on you the best and the bottom left the long vest the second best. I don't like the vest or coat in the top two pictures. I feel like the cuts are not flattering on you. They are boxy and make you look bulkier than you really are. The shortest vest looks perfectly fitted like it was made just for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using PurseForum mobile app

Reactions: Docjeun and caglape