Fur Trapper Hat - Yay or Nay?

IrisCole

O.G.
Dec 28, 2007
It usually gets ridiculously cold in Michigan in the winter, and I have yet to find a hat that I really like. I'm kind of smitten with this insanely oversized faux fur trapper hat from Express, but want to know if this is perfection or too much, before taking the plunge.

2135458970101365693S600x600Q85.jpg

What do you think?

I love it, but I have a strong taste for the ridiculous. It looks like the Mongolian Winter Olympic team hats. I've always wanted one of those!

I tend to wear a pashima or cashmere scarf (one with a decent amount of silk in it also!) and wrap it around my neck and the top of my head (covering my ears!) If I am still freezing, I will also wear a fur hat on top of that.
Yes, when I wear a long coat, I look like a babooshka. But, I'm warm.

Update: Okay, so the hat arrived today and I would suggest that if you're going to order a fur trapper hat, you choose a different one. Maybe I need to just adjust to the look, but I'm pretty sure this is getting returned.

The faux fur doesn't look nearly as nice in person as it does on the website -- and the leather tie is a little strange -- when I put this on my first impress was that I looked like I was wearing a furry football helmet. Not exactly the fashion statement I was hoping for :nogood:

Update: Okay, so the hat arrived today and I would suggest that if you're going to order a fur trapper hat, you choose a different one. Maybe I need to just adjust to the look, but I'm pretty sure this is getting returned.

The faux fur doesn't look nearly as nice in person as it does on the website -- and the leather tie is a little strange -- when I put this on my first impress was that I looked like I was wearing a furry football helmet. Not exactly the fashion statement I was hoping for :nogood:

-Aw, too bad! I wouldn't tie, that 'would' look a little silly (sorry!) like mommy dressed you up to go play in the snow