Funny story and question

Mar 5, 2009
So, the men in my life (DH and DS) have grown accustomed to my Coach madness and have decided on their personal favorites. DH likes the Poppy Whipstitch Hobo because it looks like "an old western saddle bag". DS has taken a shine to Rory because she "smells like real leather" and is "cool looking". Have anyone's so, kid, etc ever picked out a favorite from your collection and insist you carry that particular bag?

Yes, this is a new purse. Yes, I do need it. Enough said.

My daughter's favorites from my collection are my red 1996 Madison Sutton satchel and my peony Isabelle. She whimpered a little when she saw the N/S satchel.. lol. Kid's got good taste!

My husband has said my bags are gorgeous, but I don't think he's ever specified a favorite. I think he's happy with whatever makes me happy. I have, however, gotten him on the Coach bandwagon over the years. He carries all his daily essentials in a Transatlantic Flap Briefcase, and he replaced his beat up LV Brazza wallet with a saffiano accordion zip wallet.

My boyfriend always notices when I have a new bag. (Sometimes I wish he wouldn't notice!) Each time he asks, "Just how many bags do you have?" and I tell him that men shouldn't poke around in a woman's bag collection! He had commented favorably on my grey quartz Phoebe and my black East/West Duffle.

My husband can't care less what bag I carry. But the first time he saw my Anna Sui FDL he stared at it for a long while. Finally he said, "Is that your purse?" He's into SCA (Medieval stuff) and leathercraft so I know he likes the bag A LOT!

My husband handpicked my LV Speedy B DE which was also the first purse he has ever bought me and then later insisted that I get the Empreinte Artsy in Noir before the crazy price increase. Those are his two favorite from my collection with the Speedy being his favorite because of the sentimental value.

But, I used my Bronze Madison N/S Tote for the first time last week and he told me that he thought the metallic was really subtle and pretty. But, he is getting to the point where he thinks I have way too many purses (completely not true) and can't possibly enjoy them all. I need to convince him otherwise...

I love how, even-though they don't share the interest, they give input. I just wish mine wouldn't pick the ones he doesn't like and say "wow, that's hideous." I'm thinking "gee, thanks for telling me my tastes stink. I picked you, you know". :smile:

I don't have kids but my husband always has lots to say. Lol. When I showed him my new Phoebe in metallic from this fall, he said, "So, you're into this space age, futuristic thing now, huh?" With my Borough, "Very...minimalist. I like the edgepaint, though." With my Phoebe mandarin: "Dear God." (He's not a fan of orange.) LOL. I think he loves anything blue. Ultimately, though, he says, "If you're happy, I'm happy." :smile:

My Hubby got me my first Coach one Christmas (my avatar). He likes modern looking ones. I showed him a couple of my vintages and he called them ugly! lol I also like to rehab and bought a yellow geometric bag that was quite dirty and he said it was soooo ugly and dirty. Then I told him I bought it dirty on purpose and now he thinks I have lost all my marbles :smile:

My 6 year old daughter is a Coachie in training. Her favorite is a MFF Kristen "c" satchel with purple leather trim. She has been bugging me to get her some bags too. She says Mumma you have so many when can I have another one. Hers was $12 from ebay.

Attachments

• julie bag.JPG
    julie bag.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 280
My dh started my purse addiction with a Carly back in '07. Now he's bought me countless bags and always smiles when I carry one he bought me. Lately it's been my LV Neverfull that he likes the most; simply because he bought it (push present) and it holds all the crap he wants me to carry for him. Lol.

My girls are 7 and 9 and like bling. I just bought the glitter lizard satchel on sale and both my girls commented in it. Since the youngest is a tomboy and wears "boy clothes," I took this as the highest possible compliment.

I usually lean towards more classic bags so they were quite astonished that their mom could rock a cool bag!

My Hubby got me my first Coach one Christmas (my avatar). He likes modern looking ones. I showed him a couple of my vintages and he called them ugly! lol I also like to rehab and bought a yellow geometric bag that was quite dirty and he said it was soooo ugly and dirty. Then I told him I bought it dirty on purpose and now he thinks I have lost all my marbles :smile:

My 6 year old daughter is a Coachie in training. Her favorite is a MFF Kristen "c" satchel with purple leather trim. She has been bugging me to get her some bags too. She says Mumma you have so many when can I have another one. Hers was $12 from ebay.

Awww! You're never too young for Coach. :smile: