Funny LV ignorance story

What do you think of people who don't know their bags?

• Learn it, dammit!

• *sigh* tsk, tsk

• Well, at least she has taste

• I don't care!

• Don't get your panties in a bunch- it doesn't matter!

Results are only viewable after voting.
ValleyOppressed said:
Who doubted the authenticity of anything in this thread?

I was posting in response to your POLL and opinions about people who "don't know their bags." I'm not referring to a specific person or anything at all...just a comment about "LV ignorance."

I saw someone at the grocery store with a Batignolles and complimented them on their "Batignolles bag". She replied, "That's not a Batignolles bag, that's a Louis Vuitton!"

Hi Valley Oppressed--I grew up in Stockton, CA. so I know what you mean! When I go back there to visit, ( I now live in San Francisco), people look at me like "you're not from here", which I take as a compliment. I think in certain areas, e.g., the Central Valley, people are not very fashion forward. Hey, nothing wrong with that, we are just the minority there. Hang in there VO!!

I gotta say I'm getting a little tired of all this talk about if someone elses bag on the street is real or fake. It's really none of my business. I just care that what I buy is real (and I've learned alot in this forum) and if someone else doesn't realize or doesn't care then thats their burden to bear (and sadly they probably have no clue that other women are actually laughing at them). I think it's borderline catty. We are all in this forum to presumably share and discuss all the great designs out there and yes, help each other stay away from bad sellers - not to make fun of those who are less informed and not even in this forum. What happened to the sisterhood man? Just because some woman I don't know is sporting a fake means that it's okay for me to diss her? Not cool in my book. There are more important things going on in the world than if some stranger is carrying a fake. Yes, I agree if someone in this forum is trying to sell a fake, they should be exposed because someone can lose money. But why comment on others outside the forum? It's just not nice IMO.
And remember, I am replying to a general question that was asked. Nothing personal to any one person in this forum. kinda sad that I feel I gotta include a disclaimer to a post : (

I have one light pink suede Fendi- I have know idea what it called, I just wanted it because SJParker had one. I have only seen three of them.
I bought it on ebay, it still had the Bloomingdale's tag on it.

Let's not get too serious here--this is a PURSE BLOG for goodness sake. This is a place where we can all freely discuss fashion and help each other by answering questions, making suggestions, etc. I don't think the members intentionally "diss" people or want make them feel bad. If a person wants to express their feelings about something, then they have the right to do that.

I think they should at least know the name of the bag they're carrying.

My boyfriends exwife thought her speedy 25 was the most expensive LV bag, and she would tell people this, then one day she asked me how much my poppincourt haut was and I told her, she turned white and didn't say a word, she just turned and walked away! HAHAHHA!! And she only has one accessory to go with it, I have several.

Normally I'm not so catty, not even towards her, but she's one of those that acts as if she has the most expensive everything.

this happened to me the other day at work with a paddy. i'd never seen one in person and this lady at a table i was waiting on had one. i was eying her bag while i was taking her drink order because it looked familiar but i couldn't place it. when i came back with their drinks, she had gotten into it and the padlock was showing. so i started gushing because i'm a dork like that. :smile: "gorgeous bag! that's the first paddington i've seen in person...it's so pretty, you have great taste." her reply "it's a chloe, not a paddington" a little snooty. well, yeah it's a chloe. a chloe paddington. :smile: but she was really warm and friendly after that...so i'll forgive her initial snooty-ness. women costumers are always nicer after you compliment something they're wearing or their kids. :smile: but i only do it if i mean it.

i don't know. to me it seems like if you're going to spend that kind of money on a bag or sunglasses or anything, you should know what it's called. you would never catch a BMW owner not knowing what model car they have. :smile:

ValleyOppressed said:
I was at school today, and noticed that one of the teachers (Not one of mine- I'm in High Acheiver courses :shame: ) had an older, well-loved, oxidized speedy. I considered asking "Is that a 25 or a 30?" but decided to go with
"Oh! I like your speedy."
She gave me a weird look and said:
"WHAT'S THAT?"
:lol: I almost laughed. I wanted to. I came close. But I politely repsonded:
"That's the bag you're carrying."
She laughed it off and said the whole well-I-guess-you-learn-something-everyday thing.
:lol: It still makes me chortle a little when I think about it

Maybe she liked the bag at the store and she pay no mind about the name...

It happened sth similar to me:
my friends came to my house yesterday, we planned to go to the cinema.

I thought about using my pochette bosophore for the informal outfit I was wearing, but I realised that I hadn´t so much stuff to carry on, so I looked for my wapity, but i couldn´t find it!

they were strating to get desperate so I asked my momo-have u seen my wapity?
-oh yes, its in the car...:shame:

So I picked it up and said to them
-I found it and I showed it

And one of the stood up and shout:
Do you name your purses?!?!?!?!:lol:

I just said, no, the name comes with it...

Oh no, he said... I thought u were so obsessed with that, but not so THAT:wacko:

Ha when I remember his face when shouting it makes me laugh everytime

hiram1389 said:

Maybe she liked the bag at the store and she pay no mind about the name...

It happened sth similar to me:
my friends came to my house yesterday, we planned to go to the cinema.

I thought about using my pochette bosophore for the informal outfit I was wearing, but I realised that I hadn´t so much stuff to carry on, so I looked for my wapity, but i couldn´t find it!

they were strating to get desperate so I asked my momo-have u seen my wapity?
-oh yes, its in the car...:shame:

So I picked it up and said to them
-I found it and I showed it

And one of the stood up and shout:
Do you name your purses?!?!?!?!:lol:

I just said, no, the name comes with it...

Oh no, he said... I thought u were so obsessed with that, but not so THAT:wacko:

Ha when I remember his face when shouting it makes me laugh everytime

:lol: hehe, that totally reminds me of the time I asked my hubby if he had seen where I left my speedy. He had no idea what I was talking about. When I found it and told him, "This is a Speedy." He asked why I would name my purse such a strange name.. :lol:

tw1n8ngel said:
:lol: hehe, that totally reminds me of the time I asked my hubby if he had seen where I left my speedy. He had no idea what I was talking about. When I found it and told him, "This is a Speedy." He asked why I would name my purse such a strange name.. :lol:

i introduced hubby and speedy the first day...but they were already aquainted because i had been talking about her for three months. hehe. "hubby, this is speedy...speedy, hubby." he rolled his eyes, but i though it seemed only fitting that the two loves of my life meet. heheh.

SwankyMamaof3 said:
I find that a lot of SA's don't even know the names of most of the bags. I don't mean boutique SA's I mean the ones in dept stores.
I've asked about the ooba Sienna, Mulberry Phoebe and Rosemary and the Paddy at SAKS and Nemans and at both stores the SA looked at me like I had 3 heads!

Yea, like when I was in LV and asked for the Pochette Bosphore. She had to look it up online! (She was very nice about it though and apologized profusely) :biggrin: